(Redirected from Hessians)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up Hessian or hessian in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A Hessian is an inhabitant of the German state of Hesse.
Hessian may also refer to:
Named from the toponym
- Hessian (soldier), eighteenth-century German regiments in service with the British Empire
- Hessian dialects, West Central German group of dialects
- Hessian crucible, a type of ceramic crucible
- Hessian Cup, a regional cup competition in German football
Named for Otto Hesse
- Hessian matrix, in mathematics, is a matrix of second partial derivatives
- Hessian pair or Hessian duad in mathematics
- Hessian form of an elliptic curve
- Hessian group
- Hessian polyhedron
- Glossary of classical algebraic geometry § Hessian, other mathematical objects called Hessian
People with the name
- Patrick J. Hessian (1928–2007), United States Army officer
- Stephen Hessian (1891–1962), Canadian lawyer and political figure
- Toby Hessian (born 1969), British rower
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Hessian.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.