Hesston is an unincorporated community in Galena Township, LaPorte County, Indiana.
A post office was established at Hesston in 1877, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1900. The community was named for P. M. Hess, an early settler.
The Hesston Steam Museum, which contains several railroads with multiple track gauges including 3 ft (914 mm) narrow gauge, 2 ft (610 mm) narrow gauge, 14 in (356 mm) gauge, and 7 1⁄2 in (190.5 mm) gauge, is located just west of Hesston.
- ^ "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- ^ "Hesston, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-10-17.
- ^ "La Porte County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 29 December 2014.
- ^ Daniels, E. D. (1904). A twentieth century history and biographical record of La Porte County, Indiana. Lewis Publishing Co. p. 94.
- ^ "Homepage". Hesston Steam Museum. Retrieved 29 December 2014.