Het Huis Anubis
This article does not cite any sources. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Het Huis Anubis|
Hans Bourlon, |
Gert Verhulst and Anjali Taneja
|Written by||Anjali Taneja|
Lucien van Geffen
Liliana de Vries
Vreneli van Helbergen
Sven de Wijn
|Theme music composer||
Johan Vanden Eede
Season 1: Het Huis Anubis by Loek Beernink|
Season 2: Het Geheim by Loek Beernink
Seasons 3 & 4: Kunnen Stenen Iets Vertellen? by Loek Beernink
|Composer(s)||Johan Vanden Eede|
|Country of origin||
|No. of seasons||4 (seasons 1,2 and 3 were split in two parts)|
|No. of episodes||404|
|Executive producer(s)||Anja Van Mensel|
|Camera setup||Videotape; single-camera|
|Running time||10 minutes|
|Original release||September 26, 2006– December 4, 2009|
Het Huis Anubis en de Vijf van het Magische Zwaard,|
Das Haus Anubis &
House of Anubis
Het Huis Anubis (The House of Anubis) is a Belgian-Dutch children's television drama created by Studio 100 and Nickelodeon, airing in the Netherlands and Flanders. It first aired in September 2006 and the last episode was broadcast on December 4, 2009. The show was a huge success in the Benelux, despite the show's low budget for the first two seasons.
After ending, the show was followed by a spin-off, called Het Huis Anubis en de Vijf van het Magische Zwaard (The House of Anubis and the Five of the Magical Sword). This series followed another group of friends, who moved into the house from the original series after the original residents moved out and went to college. None of the actors from the original returned. The spin-off was as successful as the original series and finished its second (and final) season in June 2011.
The series started re-airing all episodes in fall 2011, after the spin-off had its finale. Even though the majority of the episodes stayed the same, the episodes were aired in widescreen (the first two seasons were originally broadcast in fullscreen) and some of the old music was replaced with newer songs. Also, other small changes and cuts were made to make the seasons look a little bit more like the later seasons (which had higher budgets).
On 6 January 2018, Spike and MTV Netherlands aired a reunion special called: #TB Het Huis Anubis in which certain castmembers looked back on their time on the show. The day after, Nickelodeon started re-airing all the episodes again, starting with season 1. Just like in 2011 the first season is being aired in widescreen and some of the music has been replaced. The old opening credits were also replaced with newer visuals. The logo for the show was also slightly modified.
In a building dating from 1900, currently serving as a boarding school, eight young people live together under the leadership of the strict landlord, Victor. When newcomer Nienke (Nina in the dubs and remakes) moves into the house, another resident, Joyce (Joy and Linn in the remakes), suddenly disappears. Joyce's best friend, Patricia (Luzy in the German remake), doesn't trust Nienke and forces her to spend a night in the attic.
There, Nienke makes a bizarre discovery: the recorded diary of a young girl, Sarah, who lived in the house, many years before. Sarah's parents were archaeologists in Egypt who mysteriously died. On the tapes, it is revealed the house has a secret history, a mystery that nobody knows anything about. She decides to investigate, together with fellow resident Fabian (Daniel in the German remake) and her roommate, Amber (Delia in the German remake). Meanwhile, Patricia searches for answers about Joyce's disappearance, while other residents have their own problems to deal with.
While each resident has their own way of dealing with school, friends, love and growing up, the teens bond together to search for the treasure hidden within Het Huis Anubis (The House of Anubis) .
|Season||Episodes||Original date||USA date|
- The series was remade for Germany. The German remake, called Das Haus Anubis, debuted in September 2009 on Nick. It is filmed on exactly the same sets they used for the Dutch version and even used some of the same costumes. This version was almost identical to the original, except for the character names. However, they did make some changes to the storyline for season 2. The series was finished after the third season.
- In January 2011, an English language remake, called House of Anubis (recorded in Liverpool) debuted on Nickelodeon in the US. It used an all new set (and house) but kept almost all original character names (except Nienke, which became Nina, Appie, which became Alfie, Jeroen, which was changed to Jerome, and Joyce which became Joy) The script was a rewritten version of the original script. This version also had a Spanish dub for Nickelodeon (Latin America) called El Misterio de Anubis. The second season premiered on January 9, 2012 and the second season's last episode was on March 9, 2012. The third season started airing on January 3, 2013, and ended on April 11th, 2013 (For the U.S.)
- in Swedish as Huset Anubis on Nickelodeon (Sweden)
- in Danish as Huset Anubis on Nickelodeon (Denmark)
- in Spanish as La Casa De Anubis on Canal Once (Mexico)
Other countries have dubbed the English adaptation of the series House of Anubis instead of Het Huis Anubis.
There have been three movies, each with a stand-alone story, but with the same actors:
- Het Pad der 7 Zonden (The Path of the 7 Sins), is the first Anubis movie, released in theaters in December 2008.
- De Wraak van Arghus (The Revenge of Arghus), is the second Anubis movie, released in theaters in December 2009.
- De Terugkeer van Sibuna (The Return of Sibuna), is the third and last Anubis movie and debuted on Nickelodeon in October 2010. The movie aired almost one year after the series ended. It showed where the characters went after they moved out of the house and what they are doing. Despite airing only one year after the last episode, the third movie takes place three years after the series finale, roughly around the same time the spin-off takes place. Some characters from that series also make (non-speaking) cameo appearances.
Main protagonists (Residents)
|Character (Dutch names)||Actor/Actress||Episodes||Run|
|Nienke Martens||Loek Beernink||1-404, Anubis en de Terugkeer van Sibuna||2006–2009, 2010¹|
|Amber Rosenbergh||Iris Hesseling||1-404, Anubis en de Terugkeer van Sibuna||2006–2009, 2010¹|
|Fabian Ruitenburg||Lucien van Geffen||2-404, Anubis en de Terugkeer van Sibuna||2006–2009, 2010¹|
|Mick Zeelenberg||Vincent Banic||1-404||2006–2009¹|
|Mara Sabri||Liliana de Vries||1-147||2006-2007|
|Appie Tayibi||Achmed Akkabi||1-290||2006-2008²|
|Kevin Wekker||290-404, Anubis en de Terugkeer van Sibuna||2008-2010³|
|Jeroen Cornelissen||Sven de Wijn||2-404, Anubis en de Terugkeer van Sibuna||2006–2009, 2010¹|
|Victor Emanuel Rodenmaar||Walter Crommelin||1-231, 233-350, 355-400, 404||2006–2009¹|
|Joyce van Bodegraven||Marieke Westenenk||59-63, 75, 118, 124-370||2006(guest star), 2007-2009²|
|Noa van Rijn||Gamze Tazim||147-404||2007-2009³|
|Danny Rodenmaar||Patrick Wessels||370-404||2009³|
|Sofie Rodenmaar||Claartje Janse||376-404||2009³|
|Patricia Soeters||Vreneli van Helbergen||1-370||2006–2009²|
¹ Character was seen during the entire series.
² Character left the show before it ended.
³ Character appeared later.
|Character (Dutch names)||Actor/Actress||Run||Seasons (S)|
|Jason Winker||Curt Fortin||2006–2007||S1-S2|
|Yasmine Sabri||Inge de Vries||2007||S2|
|Esther Verlinden||Karen Damen||2006–2007||S1-S2|
|Jimmy||Robert van Laar||2007–2008||S2|
|Vera de Kell||Elle van Rijn||2008||S2|
|Raven van Prijze||Hugo Metsers||2007–2008||S2|
|Gran Irene Martens||Roelie Westerbeek||2006–2008||S1-S2|
|Uncle Pierre Marant||René Retèl||2006, 2007–2009||S1-S3|
|Sarah Winsbrugge-Hennegouwen||Pim Lambeau||2006–2007, 2008–2009||S1, S3|
|Rufus Malpied¹||Just Meijer||2006–2007, 2008–2009||S1, S3-S4|
|Zeno Terpstra¹||Hero Muller||2006, 2007–2009||S1-S4|
|Ibrahim Tayibi||Sabri Saad El Hamus||2009||S3-S4|
|Trudie Tayibi||Magda Cnudde||2006–2009||S1-S4|
|Ellie van Engelen||Ingeborg Ansing||2006–2009||S1-S4|
|Victor Rodenmaar senior||Walter Crommelin||2008–2009||S3-S4|
|Marijke Rodenmaar||Trudi Klever||2009||S4|
|Ari van Swieten||Ton Feil||2006–2009||S1-S4|
|Robbie Lodewijks||Sander van Amsterdam||2006–2009||S1-S4|
|Amneris||Ayesha Künzle||2007–2008, 2009||S2, S4|
|Jacob van den Berg||Evert van der Meulen||2009||S3-S4|
|Matthijs van den Berg||David-Jan Bronsgeest||2009||S3-S4|
¹ The characters of Rufus Malpied and Zeno Terpstra would later be merged into one character (Rufus Zeno) for the English remake.
The story of the series:
|30 November 2006||De geheime club van de oude Wilg||The secret club of the old Willow||250|
|23 May 2007||Het geheim van de Tombe||The Secret of the Tomb||244|
|10 December 2007||De geheimzinnige vloek||The mysterious curse||256|
|26 May 2008||De Uitverkorene||The Chosen one||255|
|12 December 2008||Het geheim van Winsbrugge-Hennegouwen||The secret of Winsbrugge-Hennegouwen||287|
|27 May 2009||De traan van Isis||The tear of Isis||243|
|27 December 2009||De vloek van Anchesenamon||The curse of Anchesenamon||265|
The story of the movies:
|15 October 2008||Het pad der 7 Zonden||The Path of the 7 Sins||174|
|16 December 2009||De wraak van Arghus||The revenge of Arghus||176|
|16 December 2009||De wraak van Arghus (Limited Edition)||The revenge of Arghus (Limited Edition)||207|
|1 October 2007||Het boek vol mysteries||The Book full of Mysteries||49|
|18 August 2008||Fanboek||Fanbook||16|
|19 October 2009||Hersenbreker||Brainteaser||25|
|3 February 2010||Spelletjesboek||Gamebook||48|
- Official website (Dutch) The original page is updated on November 2011, it is now a sub site after the finale of the series