|Dr. Bandi Parthasaradhi Reddy|
Number of employees
Hetero has revenues of approximately $2.0 billion. Hetero group employs over 15,000 people. Hetero is a player in the API (Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients) market and finished dosages. It has marketing presence in over 100 countries.
Hetero has supplied antiretroviral drugs to patients across 125 countries.
Hetero Drugs Limited is the parent company in the Hetero group of companies and other companies which are part of the group are Hetero Labs, Hetero Research Foundation, Genx Laboratories and also foreign subsidiaries such as Camber pharma Inc., in USA and Richmond Labs in Argentina. The group is also investing in the wind power industry with a goal to reach 1000 Megawatts by 2017.
2009 flu outbreak
In 2009, as the swine flu outbreak was spreading across the globe and various health organizations and government agencies were piling up stocks of oseltamivir as precautionary measures, Hetero supplied the generic oseltamivir under its brand name fluvir.
Violations of FDA Regulations
In 2017, an FDA inspection of a Hetero drug manufacturing facility found several violations of cGMP regulations, recommended that Hetero hire a consultant to resolve questions of quality control, and ordered reports on each of its products that were to be exported into the United States.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 23 April 2012. Retrieved 6 June 2012.
- "Hetero Drugs Limited." n.d. Company Information, EBSCOhost (accessed 8 October 2016 via University of Arizona proxy).
- "STADA: STADA and Indian pharmaceutical company Hetero sign letter of intent for the founding of a contractual joint venture". Stada. 26 March 2015. Retrieved 22 June 2018.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2016-09-16. Retrieved 2016-07-11.
- ":: Welcome to Hetero ::". Heterodrugs.com. Archived from the original on 2014-01-17. Retrieved 2014-01-11.
- "Hetero Windpower". Hetero. Retrieved 22 June 2018.
-  Archived 30 April 2009 at the Wayback Machine.
- Khomba Singh, ET Bureau 5 May 2009, 12.03am IST (2009-05-05). "Hetero bags mega chunk of govt's anti-flu drug deal - Economic Times". Economictimes.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2014-01-11.
- "Hyderabad pharma cos cash in on Swine-Flu fever". Moneycontrol.com. Retrieved 2014-01-11.
- Khomba Singh, ET Bureau 22 August 2009, 03.02am IST (2009-08-22). "Hetero bags deal for 10 m Tamiflu - Economic Times". Economictimes.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2014-01-11.
- Cosgrove, Thomas (15 August 2017). "Hetero Labs Limited Unit V 8/15/17". FDA.