Hewitt Lake National Wildlife Refuge
|Hewitt Lake National Wildlife Refuge|
IUCN category IV (habitat/species management area)
Aerial view of Hewitt Lake NWR
|Location||Phillips County, Montana, USA|
|Nearest city||Malta, MT|
|Area||1,360 acres (550 ha) in 2010|
|Governing body||U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service|
|Website||Hewitt Lake National Wildlife Refuge|
Hewitt Lake National Wildlife Refuge is a 1,360-acre (550 ha) National Wildlife Refuge in the northern region of the U.S. state of Montana. This refuge is a part of the Bowdoin Wetland Management District (WMD), and is unstaffed. The refuge is partly owned by the U.S. Government, while the rest is an easement with local landowners. The refuge is managed from Bowdoin National Wildlife Refuge.
- "Hewitt Lake National Wildlife Refuge". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved February 1, 2014.
- "Annual Report of Lands Under Control of the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service" (pdf). U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. September 30, 2010. p. 23. Retrieved February 8, 2014.
- Hewitt Lake, MT (Map). Topoquest (USGS Quads). Retrieved February 1, 2014.
- "Wetland Management District". Bowdoin National Wildlife Refuge. U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. Archived from the original on February 2, 2014. Retrieved February 1, 2014.
- Media related to Hewitt Lake National Wildlife Refuge at Wikimedia Commons
- Hewitt Lake National Wildlife Refuge
|This Montana protected area article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|