Hexham railway station, New South Wales
Eastbound view in August 2006
|Location||Pacific Highway, Hexham
|Operated by||NSW TrainLink|
|Distance||175.53 kilometres from Central|
|Platforms||2 (1 island)|
|Opened||1 August 1871|
Hexham originally had a substantial brick platform building; however, this was demolished in May 1993 and replaced with a lightweight bus-shelter type structure. The station has a full length island platform; however, the eastern end has been fenced off to a shorter two carriage train length.
Until 1987, the Richmond Vale's exchange sidings were located opposite Hexham station.
Platforms and services
Hexham has one island platform with two faces. It is serviced by NSW TrainLink Hunter Line services travelling between Hamilton (Newcastle), Maitland and Telarah. It is also serviced by one early morning service to Scone.
|1||services to Hamilton (Newcastle)|||
|2||services to Maitland, Telarah, Dungog & Scone|||
- Hexham Station NSWrail.net
- "Infrastructure" Railway Digest June 1993 page 246
- " Hunter Valley Coal Chain - Rail developments at Hexham, NSW" Railway Digest January 2013 page 36
- Reducing coal train congestion at Newcastle Port Australian Rail Track Corporation 25 October 2013
- "Construction begins on Hexham Relief Road Project" Railway Digest December 2013 page 12
- Hexham Relief Roads Project Construction Environmental Management Plan Upper Hunter Valley Alliance
- "ARTC undertakes Hexham Relief Road works and Gunnedah Yard remodelling" Railway Digest January 2015 page 12
- "Signaling & infrastructure" Railway Digest February 2015 page 44
- "Hunter line timetable" (PDF). NSW Trainlink. 18 April 2015.