Hey Girl Don't Bother Me
This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2013)
|"Hey Girl Don't Bother Me"|
|Single by The Tams|
|from the album Hey Girl Don't Bother Me!|
|A-side||"Hey Girl Don't Bother Me"|
|The Tams singles chronology|
|"Hey Girl Don't Bother Me" on YouTube|
"Hey Girl Don't Bother Me" is a popular single by The Tams. Written by Ray Whitley, it was originally released in 1964 and reached number 41 on the Billboard Hot 100 and number 10 on the R&B chart.
It later became a favourite on the Northern soul scene in the UK, belatedly reaching number one on the UK Singles Chart for three weeks in September 1971. The single was also number one on the Irish Singles Chart, for one week, the same month. The group appeared on BBC's Top of the Pops with the song on eight separate occasions in 1971: August 19 and 26, September 7, 16, 23 and 30, October 7 and December 27.
|Australia (Kent Music Report)||87|
|United Kingdom (Official Charts Company)||1|
- Whitburn, Joel (2004). Top R&B/Hip-Hop Singles: 1942-2004. Record Research. p. 566.
- Roberts, David (2006). British Hit Singles & Albums (19th ed.). London: Guinness World Records Limited. pp. 264–5. ISBN 1-904994-10-5.
- "The Tams - The Best of The Tams - www.timetravelrecords.co.uk". www.timetravelrecords.co.uk. Retrieved 21 April 2018.
- "top of the pops 1971 episode guide". hardprog.pagesperso-orange.fr. Retrieved 21 April 2018.
- Kent, David (1993). Australian Chart Book 1970–1992 (illustrated ed.). St Ives, N.S.W.: Australian Chart Book. p. 282. ISBN 0-646-11917-6.