|Origin||Milwaukee/Illinois, United States|
|Genres||Emo, alternative rock, pop punk, indie rock|
|Years active||1999–2005, 2007, 2016|
|Past members||Bob Nanna
Hey Mercedes is a band from Milwaukee, WI/Chicago, IL, USA.
Early years, two albums and break-up (1999–2005)
The group formed in 1999/2000 after the dissolution of Braid. The band consisted of Bob Nanna on guitar and vocals, Todd Bell on bass and vocals, Mark Dawursk on guitar and vocals and Damon Atkinson on drums. Hey Mercedes proved a more melodic antidote to the previous band.
Hey Mercedes had their first practice session in April 2000. Their first release was a self-titled EP on Polyvinyl Records in September 2000. Soon after its release, they signed to Vagrant Records and started touring for support of their upcoming Vagrant full length. In 2001 alone, they performed 114 shows. In October 2001, the band released Everynight Fire Works.
With 2 full lengths, 3 EPs and 358 shows under their belt, Hey Mercedes called it quits. Their final show (#359) was at the Metro in Chicago on April 23 of 2005.
Post-break up (2006–present)
In a 2007 e-mail campaign, Threadless Tees reported that Hey Mercedes would play at the Metro, to celebrate the grand opening of the company's Chicago store  They group performed two shows in September. The band remains inactive, but plays occasional shows.
In 2016, it was announced that the band would perform at the Wrecking Ball festival in Atlanta, Georgia.
EPs and singles
- "Hey Mercedes | Music Videos, News, Photos, Tour Dates, Ringtones, and Lyrics". MTV. Retrieved 2010-06-02.
- "Frequently Asked Questions". heymercedes.com. Archived from the original on 19 February 2003.
- "HEY MERCEDES". heymercedes.com. Archived from the original on April 13, 2002. Retrieved June 7, 2015.
-  Archived December 19, 2007, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Hey Mercedes .:. Loses Control". heymercedes.com. Archived from the original on 24 February 2004.
- "Threadless t-shirt news: Announcing the Chicago Threadless Store Grand Opening and Grand Opening Party!!". Threadless.com. 2007-09-14. Retrieved 2010-06-02.
- "Hey Mercedes to reunite for two shows this September". Alternative Press. August 6, 2007. Retrieved August 25, 2016.
- "Hey Mercedes, Noise By Numbers, and The Etiquette | Music | Events | The A.V. Club Chicago". Chicago.decider.com. Retrieved 2010-06-02.
- "We'll be back soon!". Thinksphere.org. Archived from the original on February 1, 2010. Retrieved 2010-06-02.
- "Sound Fiction | News". Soundfiction.no. 2010-01-30. Retrieved 2010-06-02.