Heys International Ltd.
This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (March 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Heys International Ltd. is a multinational manufacturer and distributor of travel products. The company makes luggage, business cases, backpacks and travel accessories. Heys International Ltd. is privately owned company. It was founded in 1986 in the suburbs of Toronto, Canada as a family business. The company is known for its fashionable and lightweight luggage made from a polycarbonate composite. A few years before baggage fees were introduced, Heys created the xCase, a lightweight carry-on. Heys International is known for its multimedia advertising across Canada.
In 2008, Heys introduced the xScale, a small portable luggage scale. This allows travelers to weigh their luggage on the go.
In 2008, Heys' first eco-friendly luggage, the EcoCase, was introduced. The EcoCase is made from 100% post-industrial recycled plastic. This was an environmental initiative launched by Heys which led to the development of eco-friendly travel accessories made with Ecotex.
Also in 2008, Heys established a partnership with Disney and introduced kids' backpacks, luggage & travel accessories.
In 2009, Heys relocated its head office to a new facility in Mississauga, ON Canada.
In 2011, Heys became the official luggage for Porter Airlines.
- Heys Executive
- Heys Elite
- Disney by Heys
- Britto by Heys
- Leo by Heys
- Heys Handbags
- Smith, Beverley (May 21, 2013). "Heys Luggage takes itself places". Globe and Mail: Business Without Borders. Archived from the original on 18 March 2014. Retrieved 22 May 2013.
- Stevens, Victoria (November 6, 2004). "Gearing Up". Toronto Star. Retrieved 16 January 2012.
- Scott, Maureen (July–August 2011). "Living the Good Life: Business Community Profiles". Goodlife Mississauga Magazine. 13 (4). Retrieved 24 May 2013.
- Waisberg, Deena (July 31, 2005). "Our Take: Travel Companions". Marketnews: Here's How. 4 (3): 104–105. Archived from the original on 18 November 2012. Retrieved 22 May 2013.
- Mcginn, Dave (July 30, 2008). "Tipping the scale: How to weigh yourself in". The Globe and Mail. Retrieved 3 June 2013.
- "Gear to Go". The Ottawa Citizen. September 19, 2009. Retrieved 16 January 2012.
- ZISSU, ALEXANDRA. "AGENDA:ECO-TRIPPING; Eco-Stow". The New York Times. Retrieved 30 July 2013.