Hezekiah C. Seymour
|Hezekiah Cook Seymour|
June 24, 1811|
Westmoreland, New York
|Died||July 24, 1853
Piermont, New York
|Resting place||Rockland Cemetery
Sparkill, New York
|Title||New York State Engineer and Surveyor from|
|Predecessor||Charles Beebe Stuart|
|Successor||William Jarvis McAlpine|
|Spouse(s)||Mary Sherrill |
Augustus Sherill Seymour (1836-1897)
Mary Cook 
He was New York State Engineer and Surveyor from 1850 to 1851, elected on the Whig ticket at the New York state election, 1849, but defeated for re-election at the New York state election, 1851 by Democrat William J. McAlpine.
In 1851, he became Chief Engineer of the Ontario, Huron and Lake Simcoe Railroad, running from Toronto to Lake Huron in Canada West. The next year, he also participated in the early stages of planning for the construction of the Ohio and Mississippi Railroad, the Louisville and Nashville Railroad, and the Air Line Railroad between New York City and Boston.
- Rochford Seymour Harmon (1939). Application for Membership of Rochford Seymour Harmon, Descendant of Hezekiah Cook Seymour. Sons of the American Revolution.
Name: Hezekiah C. Seymour. Birth: June 24, 1811; Westmoreland, New York. Father: Bradford Seymour. Mother: Mary Cook.
- "Augustus Sherill Seymour (1836-1897)". Political Graveyard. Retrieved 2012-10-18.
Born in Ithaca, Tompkins County, N.Y., November 30, 1836. Son of Hezekiah Cook Seymour and Mary (Sherill) Seymour (1815-1865). ...
- "Death of Hon. Hezekiah C. Seymour". New York Times. July 26, 1853. Retrieved October 10, 2012.
Hon. H. C. Seymour, late Engineer-in-Chief of the State of New York, died Sunday evening, 24th inst., at his residence ...
- W. H. Stewart. Notes Of Pioneer Railroading.
The first general superintendent, Hezekiah C. Seymour, came from Oneida County, and got the name on the road of the 'Oneida Chief.' In 1849 a successor to Superintendent Seymour was to be appointed ...
- Description of his grave monument, in NYT on March 23, 1855
- His return from Canada, in NYT on December 27, 1851
- Google Book The New York Civil List compiled by Franklin Benjamin Hough (pages 37f; Weed, Parsons and Co., 1858)
|General Superintendent of the Erie Railroad
James P. Kirkwood
Charles B. Stuart
|New York State Engineer and Surveyor
William J. McAlpine