|Industry||Sportswear and accessories|
|Founder||Frank van Wezel|
Frank van Wezel (Chairman)|
Ed van Wezel(CEO)
|Products||Sportswear, sports equipment|
Number of employees
Hi-Tec Sports USA was started in Modesto, CA in 1978 by Duke and Kathy Jones. They developed the first lightweight hiking boot. This became the main success of Hi-Tec Sports USA. They also developed and named the "Magnum" boot. Duke and Kathy Jones sold Hi-Tec Sports USA to Frank Van Wezel in 1990.
In 2012, Hi-Tec's V-Lite Altitude Ultra Luxe boot received a Which? Best Buy Walking Boot award.
Hi-Tec's ZUUK trainer shoe was awarded Footwear Product of the Year 2013 at The Great Outdoors Awards.
- Cyr, Brian (November 19, 2013). "Hi-Tec Sports, the footwear and apparel brand, hires U.S.-based design director". Oregon Live. Retrieved 28 July 2015.
- Hi-Tec http://www.hi-tec.com/. Retrieved 13 June 2016. Missing or empty
- Brettman, Allan (May 14, 2013). "Hi-Tec Sports banks on Zuuk shoe for market distinction". Oregon Live. Retrieved 28 July 2015.
- "Our History". HI-TEC UK. Retrieved 28 July 2015.
- Brettman, Allan (June 17, 2011). "Hi-Tec Sports footwear CEO had to prove mettle to founder". Oregon Live. Retrieved 28 July 2015.
- "Hi-Tec vows to stay in Southend". Southend Standard. 26 May 2012. Retrieved 28 July 2015.