Hialeah mayoral election, 2011
This article needs to be updated. In particular: Please add the results of the election.(November 2011)
The 2011 Hialeah mayoral election was held on Tuesday, November 1, 2011, in Hialeah, Florida. Acting Mayor Carlos Hernandez, who became mayor in 2011 when is predecessor, Julio Robaina, left office in May 2011 to pursue an unsuccessful bid for Mayor of Miami-Dade County, sought a full term. Four candidates contested the election. The election was officially nonpartisan.
- Carlos Hernandez - Acting, incumbent Mayor since May 23, 2011. (Republican Party)
- Rudy Garcia - Former Florida State Senator (Republican Party)
- Raul L. Martinez - Former Mayor of Hialeah from 1981 to 2005 (Democratic Party)
- George 'Yoyito' Castro - Political newcomer (Independent)
|Democratic||Raul L. Martinez||10,529||34.47|
|Independent||George "Yoyito" Castro||100||0.33|
|Democratic||Raul L. Martinez||12,239||39.11|
- Mazzei, Patricia (2011-10-30). "Mayor's race dominates busy Hialeah ballot". Miami Herald. Retrieved 2011-10-30.
- "The Herald recommends". Miami Herald. 2011-10-26. Retrieved 2011-10-30.