Hibbertia, or Guinea flower, is a genus of trees, shrubs, trailing shrubs and climbers of the family Dilleniaceae. The five-petalled flowers of all species are varying shades of yellow, with the exception of H. stellaris, H. miniata and H. selkii, a recently named (1980s) species from the Stirling Ranges, which all have orange flowers. Around 150 species occur in Australia of which two are also found in New Guinea. Additionally, 24 species occur in New Caledonia, one of which is also found in Fiji, and one other species is endemic to Madagascar. The genus is currently being revised by Helmut Toelken of the South Australian Herbarium.
Given the similarity in flower colour and shape (In nearly all species, the five petals are obovate), the number of stamens is a useful method of identification as this can vary widely from 4 to about 200 depending on species.
- Hibbertia amplexicaulis
- Hibbertia aspera - Rough Guinea-flower
- Hibbertia banksii
- Hibbertia basaltica
- Hibbertia bracteata
- Hibbertia cistiflora - Rock Rose Guinea-flower
- Hibbertia cuneiformis - Cut-leaf Hibbertia
- Hibbertia dentata - Twining Guinea-flower
- Hibbertia diffusa
- Hibbertia empetrifolia - Tangled Guinea-flower
- Hibbertia fasciculata
- Hibbertia furfuracea
- Hibbertia grossulariifolia - Gooseberry-leaved Guinea-flower
- Hibbertia hirta
- Hibbertia hypericoides - Yellow Buttercups
- Hibbertia incana - Prickly Guinea-flower
- Hibbertia linearis
- Hibbertia longifolia
- Hibbertia miniata - Orange Guinea-flower
- Hibbertia obtusifolia - Hoary Guinea-flower
- Hibbertia pedunculata - Stalked Guinea-flower
- Hibbertia procumbens
- Hibbertia prostrata - Bundled Guinea-flower
- Hibbertia riparia - Erect Guinea-flower
- Hibbertia scandens – Climbing Guinea-flower or Snake Vine
- Hibbertia selkii
- Hibbertia serrata
- Hibbertia sericea - Silky Guinea-flower
- Hibbertia serpyllifolia
- Hibbertia stellaris – Star Guinea-flower
- Hibbertia truncata - Port Campbell Guinea-flower
- Hibbertia vestita - Hairy Guinea-flower
- "Hibbertia". Australian Plant Name Index (APNI), IBIS database. Centre for Plant Biodiversity Research, Australian Government, Canberra. Retrieved 18 March 2011.
- "Hibbertia". PlantNET - New South Wales Flora Online. Royal Botanic Gardens & Domain Trust, Sydney Australia. Retrieved 18 March 2011.
- "Hibbertia (Genre)". endemia.nc - Faune & Flore de Nouvelle-Calédonie. Retrieved 22 March 2011.
- Corrick, M.G.; Fuhrer, B.A. (2001). Wildflowers of Victoria and adjoining areas. Australia: Bloomings Books. ISBN 1876473142.