|United States, Canada, Puerto Rico|
|Products||summer sausages, cheeses, gift baskets|
Number of employees
Hickory Farms, LLC. is an American food gift retailer with headquarters in Chicago, Illinois. The company was established in 1951 when Richard Ransom began selling handcrafted cheese at local fairs. By 1959, the company added summer sausage and opened their first retail store in Maumee, Ohio. By 1981, there were over 1,000 Hickory Farms stores and seasonal kiosks were open in the United States and Canada.
In 2008, Hickory Farms entered into a partnership with Share Our Strength, a national organization whose goal is to raise funds and awareness to end childhood hunger in America. By 2018, the company and its customers helped raise over $6 million in donations for Share Our Strength’s No Kid Hungry campaign.
Today, Hickory Farms specializes in gift boxes and baskets, desserts, chocolates, steaks, and specialty meats. Their gourmet foods are found in more than 500 popup shops and kiosks in retail shopping centers during the holiday season. The company also does multichannel marketing, offering products year-round at club stores, mass merchandisers and supermarkets, as well as through catalogs and their website.
- "Hickory Farms HQ moving to Chicago". Crain's Chicago Business. 2017-02-28. Retrieved 2019-01-16.
- "About Us". www.hickoryfarms.com. Retrieved 2019-01-16.
- "You are being redirected..." www.nokidhungry.org. Retrieved 2019-01-16.
- "Hickory Farms: Gift Baskets & Specialty Gourmet Products". www.hickoryfarms.com. Retrieved 2019-01-16.
- Farms, Hickory (2019-01-16). "America's Iconic Specialty Foods Company, Hickory Farms, Shakes Up the Food Gifting Space with Complete Rebrand". GlobeNewswire News Room. Retrieved 2019-01-16.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Hickory Farms.|