|Headquarters||Toledo, Ohio, USA|
|United States, Canada, Puerto Rico|
|Products||summer sausages, cheeses, gift baskets|
Number of employees
Hickory Farms is an American specialty foods company based in Toledo, Ohio. The company was established in 1951 when founder Richard Ransom began selling hand cut cheese at local fairs. By 1959, the company added summer sausage and opened their first retail store outside Toledo, Ohio. Today they specialize in food gift boxes and baskets comprising summer sausage, cheese, fruit, nuts, and sweets. Its owner is Modjule, LLC, headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, and its private co-investors.
Once composed of more than 550 shopping mall-based kiosks in the United States and Canada, the company now does multichannel marketing, offering their products year round at club stores, mass merchandisers, and supermarkets, as well as through catalogs and their website. During the holiday season, they operate shopping mall kiosks as well.
In 2008, the company redesigned its packaging, logo and retails kiosks. company also entered into a partnership with Share Our Strength, a national organization whose goal is to raise funds and awareness to end childhood hunger in America.
- "Maumee's Hickory Farms Revamps Itself". Toledo Blade. November 2008. Retrieved 2009-01-30.
- "Hickory Farms". Funding Universe. Retrieved 2008-12-16.
- "Hickory Farms to close remaining 18 shopping mall stores". The Journal-Record. 2000-02-09. Retrieved 2008-12-16.
- "Hickory Farms Shows How Sausage is Made". Brandweek. 2009-01-31. Retrieved 2009-02-03.
- "Share Our Strength: Our Partners".