Hidaka (日高市 Hidaka-shi) is a city located in Saitama Prefecture, Japan. The city was founded on October 1, 1991 after elevating to city status.
As of April 1, 2011, the city has an estimated population of 57,865, with 22,588 households and a population density of 1,218.21 persons per km². The total area is 47.50 km2 (18.34 sq mi).
The city is served by Komagawa and Musashi-Takahagi Stations on the JR Kawagoe Line.
- April 1, 1889 - Three villages of Komagawa, Koma and Takahagi were founded within Koma District
- March 29, 1896 - Koma District was abolished and the villages joined Iruma District
- February 11, 1955 - Komagawa and Koma were merged to create the town of Hidaka (1st).
- September 20, 1956 - Hidaka and Takahagi were merged to create the town of Hidaka (2nd).
- October 1, 1991 - Hidaka was elevated to city status.
Twin towns — Sister cities
Hidaka is twinned with:
- Osan, South Korea (1996)