Hidden Agenda (2017 video game)
Australian cover art
|Publisher(s)||Sony Interactive Entertainment|
|Engine||Unreal Engine 4|
Hidden Agenda is a psychological action-adventure game played from a third-person perspective. The player takes control of homicide detective Becky Marney and district attorney Felicity Graves, both of whom are involved in the case of a serial killer known as The Trapper. The game features quick time events that determine the outcome of the story, including a character's death or survival. With the PlayLink feature, others may join the game to vote for a specific decision to be made, using their Android or iOS smartphones. In competitive mode, one player will at some point receive a secret objective, or Hidden Agenda, which is intended to create conflict between the players as they try to prevent it from happening.
|2017||Game Critics Awards||Best Mobile/Handheld||Nominated|||
|Best Family/Social Game||Won|
|Gamescom 2017||Best Social/Online Game||Nominated|||
|Best Casual Game||Won|
|2018||National Academy of Video Game Trade Reviewers Awards||Control Design, 2D or Limited 3D||Nominated|||
|Innovation in Game Technology||Nominated|
|Develop Awards||Writing or Narrative Design||Nominated|||
|The Independent Game Developers' Association Awards||Best Social Game||Won|||
- Marchiafava, Jeff. "Hidden Agenda Review – A Scaled-back Psychological Thriller". Game Informer. Retrieved 21 June 2020.
- McElroy, Justin (12 June 2017). "Hidden Agenda is a collaborative crime thriller from the Until Dawn team". Polygon. Vox Media.
- Purchese, Robert (13 June 2017). "Until Dawn dev shows Hidden Agenda, a crime thriller for PS4 with a social twist". Eurogamer. Gamer Network.
- Hardawar, Devindra (13 June 2017). "'Hidden Agenda' is the next social game from the 'Until Dawn' crew". Engadget. AOL.
- Thang, Jimmy (12 June 2017). "Murder Mystery Party Game Announced By Until Dawn Developer". GameSpot. CBS Interactive.
- Romano, Sal (12 June 2017). "Sony announces PlayLink, a collection of PS4 titles aimed at non-gamers". Gematsu.
- Kayser, Daniel (23 June 2017). "Unreal Engine Developers Were Everywhere at E3 2017". Unreal Engine.
- "Hidden Agenda Review". Retrieved 12 February 2019.
- Staff (19 June 2017). "GamesRadar+ E3 awards - our best, most exciting games of E3 2017". GamesRadar+. Future plc.
- Keefer, John (26 June 2017). "Ubisoft Rakes In 14 Nominations for E3 2017 Game Critics' Awards". Shacknews. Archived from the original on 26 June 2017.
- Dayus, Oscar (28 June 2017). "Mario Dominates E3 2017 Game Critics Awards, Full List Of Winners Revealed". GameSpot. CBS Interactive.
- Khan, Zubi (21 August 2017). "Gamescom 2017 Award Nominees". CGM.
- Staff (24 August 2017). "Super Mario Odyssey sweeps Best Of Gamescom awards". Metro. DMG Media.
- "Nominee List for 2017". National Academy of Video Game Trade Reviewers. 9 February 2018. Archived from the original on 15 February 2018. Retrieved 15 February 2018.
- "Horizon wins 7; Mario GOTY". National Academy of Video Game Trade Reviewers. 13 March 2018. Archived from the original on 14 March 2018. Retrieved 14 March 2018.
- Staff (21 May 2018). "Announcing the Develop Awards 2018 nominations shortlist". MCV.
- Barton, Seth (12 July 2018). "The Develop Awards 2018: All the winners!". MCV.
- Stephenson, Suzi (19 September 2018). "TIGA Announces Games Industry Awards 2018 Finalists". The Independent Game Developers' Association.
- "2018 Winners". The Independent Game Developers' Association. 1 November 2018.