Hidden races (Marvel Comics)
This article does not cite any sources. (May 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Earth of Marvel Comics' main continuity (or, "Marvel-Earth") has contained a number of fictional hidden native humanoid races. Many of these races are a genetic offshoot of the Homo sapiens or a related Ancestor. However, there are also some races that were actually created from the many animals or other lifeforms on earth. The methods to create these beings vary from science to magic and their creators from Aliens or Humans to Demons. A list of these races includes:
- Deviants - The enemies of the Eternals and creations of the Celestials. They are the creators of the Subterraneans.
- Eternals - The enemies of the Deviants and servants of the Celestials. They also created the Evolutionaries.
- Evolutionaries - Beings created from the Ape-Man by the Eternals to safeguard other species evolutionary path.
- Homo mermanus - Race of aquatic humanoids of unknown origins.
- Inhumans - A superhuman race created by the Kree as a way to restart their own evolution and to create weapons against the Skrull.
- The Alpha Primitives - A slave race created from humans by the Inhumans using the Xerogen Crystals' gas.
- Bird-People - A genetic offshoot of the Inhumans with bird wings and in some cases bat wings.
- Mutants - An evolving superhuman race sometimes termed "Homo superior."
- Changelings - A sub-class of Mutants that possess their powers since birth.
- Cheyarafim - A group of "angelic" Mutants and enemies of the Neyaphem.
- Externals - A subspecies of immortal Mutants with God-like powers.
- Lupine - A possible subspecies of Mutants that evolved from canines also known as the "Dominant Species."
- Morlocks - Genetically altered offshoots of Mutants who live in the underground.
- Neo - A subspecies of Mutants with superior power and Physical abilities.
- Neyaphem - A group of "demonic" Mutants and enemies of the Cheyarafim.
- Savage Land Races - Various races and tribes of Beast Men living in the Savage Land.
- Deviants Mutates - Mutated or deformed members of the deviants.
- Ghouls - A subterranean race of unknown origins.
- Gortokians - A race of Subterraneans.
- Lava Men - A race of lava-based beings.
- Lizard Men of Subterranea - A race of Lizard Men that live in Subterranea.
- Molans - A race of subterraneans created by the Deviants.
- Mole Men - A race of subterraneans.
- Moloids - A race of subterraneans created by the Deviants.
- Tyrannoids - An offshoot of the Moloids
- Vampires - A race of bloodsucking entities sometimes known as the Homines Nocturnae with many types and origins.
- Warpies - A race of mutated and unstable beings created by the reality manipulations of Mad Jim Jaspers.
- Werewolves - A race of shapeshifting creatures that transform into wolves with some of them being magical in nature while others "scientific".
- Zombies - A race of 'the undead' with many types and origins going from magical to artificial.
- Bird-Men of Akah Ma'at - Humanid beings with bird wings from the Hyborian Age and enemies of Ur-Xanarrh. They were created by Oshtur.
- Cat-People - A species of humanoid cats created with magic and are apparently now extinct on Earth.
- The Changelings - Human-animal hybrids created by a being named Woodgod using genetic engineering.
- Children of the Sun - Humanoid beings created by Ex Nihilo.
- Children of the Vault - A group of superhuman beings that evolved from baseline Humanity and separated from Mutants.
- The Descendants - Humanoid cybernetic sapient beings created by science and the magic of the Orb of Necromancy.
- Fish People - An offshoot of humanity that lived and breathe under water.
- Infra-Worlders - Humans that "evolved" to live and withstand the pressure beneath the ocean.
- Man-Bats of Ur-Xanarrh - Humanoid beings with bat wings from the Hyborian Age and enemies of Akah Ma'at. They were created by Chthon.
- Man-Serpents - A race of beings with serpent bodies and human heads created by Set. They are related to the Serpent Men.
- Netherworlders - A humanoid race from the Netherworld a city beneath the earth with ties to Atlantis and Lemuria.
- New Men - A race of mutated and evolved animals created by the High Evolutionary.
- Nhu'Ghari - A group of mutated Humans with winged forms and telepathy.
- The Outcasts - A number of races or groups of beings who became susceptible to Bruce Banner's gamma radiation or were granted powers by the Mole Man.
- The "People" - Humanoid lizards created by the first nuclear bomb test in New Mexico. There also known as Saurians.
- Sasquatch - Legendary race known as Bigfoot.
- Saur-Lords - A group of genetically altered dinosaurs created by the High Technician.
- Seal People - A race of humanoid seals and enemies of Atlantis.
- Shark Men - A race of humanoid sharks that live in the oceans of the world.
- Serpent Men - A race of humanoid reptilians created by the demon Set. They are related to the Man-Serpents.
- Spider-People - A race of humanoid beings with spider characteristics. They are children of Omm who is the son of Gaea.
- Stygians - A southern race of rock giants, monster creatures, magic sorcerers and dark sorcerers from Hyboria.
- The Troglodytes of Britain - A group of underground dwellers. They're apparently an evolutionary throwback.
- Wolf Men - A race of lupine shapechangers similar to Werewolves created by the demon Chthon.
- The Yeti - A number of races known as the Cold People or the Abominable Snowmen.