Hidden Valley, Ventura County, California
Hidden Valley is a valley in the Santa Monica Mountains, in southeastern Ventura County, Southern California. The Unincorporated community in the valley is an equestrian ranch community with single family houses on 20-acre or more (8.1 ha) parcels of land. Residents rely on wells as the Hidden Valley Municipal Water District does not provide drinking water.
Hidden Valley is bordered by Lake Sherwood to the east, Newbury Park to the west and north, and the Santa Monica Mountains National Recreation Area to the south. It is located south of the Conejo Valley, near the northwestern border of Los Angeles County.
Hidden Valley is popular for filming movies and television shows due to its proximity to Los Angeles, such as:
- the home of President Charles Logan in the television series 24, seasons 5 and 6.
- Much of the film Seabiscuit was shot in Hidden Valley.
- the original site for Greg Sumner's ranch on Knots Landing.
- the original site for Gary Ewing's ranch on Knots Landing.
- filming for American Horror Story: Asylum.
- Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi previously owned a horse ranch in the valley.
- Britney Spears owns a villa at the White Stallion Estates in the valley.
- Tom Selleck owns a ranch formerly of actor/singer Dean Martin.
- "Hidden Valley". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved July 21, 2015.
- Hamilton, Matt (16 July 2015). "District failed to notify Selleck of water theft allegations sooner, lawyer says". Los Angeles Times.
- Sample, Herbert A. (January 21, 1985). "Hidden Valley Residents Bask in Life on Edge of Urbanization". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 7 March 2016.
- David, Mark (October 12, 2015). "Britney Spears Buys Big Estate in Thousand Oaks". Variety. Retrieved August 29, 2018.
- Tablang, Kristin (October 15, 2018). "Britney Spears Purchases $7.4 Million Italianate Villa in California's Thousand Oaks (Complete with a Three-Hole Golf-Course)". Forbes. Retrieved August 29, 2018.
|This Ventura County, California–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|