Hidegkuti Nándor Stadion
|Full name||Hidegkuti Nándor Stadion|
|Field size||105 m × 68 m (344 ft × 223 ft)|
|Construction cost||7,26 billion HUF|
Hungary U-17 (2017)
Hidegkuti Nándor Stadion is a multi-purpose stadium in Budapest, Hungary. The stadium was opened on 13 October 2016. It was renamed after the MTK Budapest and Hungary footballer Nándor Hidegkuti. It is currently used for football matches and is the home stadium of MTK Budapest.
Tamás Deutsch, Hungarian Parliament MP, announced that by 2016 a new stadium will have been built. The club have 6.5 billion HUF to spend on reconstruction. The construction of a new stadium is expected to be finished in 2016. The new facility will be able to host 5000 spectators and will be the home of the Sándor Károly Football Academy. The first phase of the construction will start at the end of the 2013-14 Hungarian League season with the demolition of the current stadium. During the construction the club will play their matches at one of the stadiums in Budapest, decided by the fans of the club.
On 4 November 2014, the construction of the new stadium became a highlighted investment. The Hungarian state provides 1.39 billion HUF for the construction of a sports hall at the Lantos Mihiály Sportelep, 3.91 billion HUF for the reconstruction of the Nándor Hidegkuti stadium, and 350 million HUF for the training pitch next to the stadium. Altogether 5.65 billion HUF.
On 5 December 2014, the first drafts of the new stadium were published on the official website of the club. The tender was won by Bord Építész Stúdió Kft, led by Péter Bordás. The new stadium will be able to host 5000 spectators and it will be opened in the summer of 2016. The UEFA stadium category of the new stadium will be 3 according to the plans.
On 18 June 2015, the new possible plans were revealed by the Hungarian epiteszforum.hu. The plans were delivered by designers of two companies, Sportarchitects and Azmpl.
In May 2015 the demolition of the main stand started.
On 6 November 2014, the demolition of the old stadium started by removing the old seats and the lights system.
On 16 November 2015, the foundation stone of the new stadium was laid. Tamás Deutsch, president of the club, said that it is an important step in the life of the club and its supporters. At the ceremony, Kálmán Szekrényessy's great-great-grandchild, founding member of the club, József Kanta, the captain of the MTK Budapest FC in the 2015–16 Nemzeti Bajnokság I season, Olivér Horváth and Maja Pásztor, representatives of the Sándor Károly Academy, were present.
On 9 December 2015, the first post was placed officially with the aid of two male MTK Budapest footballers Sándor Torghelle, Ákos Baki and one female Lilla Nagy. Until March 2016, another 165 posts will be placed.
On 7 July 2016, the grass became visible on the pitch of the stadium.
On 24 September 2016, the seats were mounted on both the east and west stands of the stadium. Three different colours, white, light blue and dark blue, were used and they were placed randomly as in any modern stadiums to hide the effects of low attendances.
On 13 October 2016, the stadium was officially opened with the MTK Budapest–Sporting friendly match. Sporting Clube de Portugal brought only three players from their first squad (Azbe Jug, Ricardo Esgaio, and Matheus Pereira due to the fact that the club have to play in the third round of the 2016–17 Taça de Portugal against F.C. Famalicão). At the opening ceremony, Viktor Orbán, prime minister of Hungary delivered a speech, followed by Member of European Parliament and president of MTK Budapest, Tamás Deutsch.
On 22 October 2016 the first Nemzeti Bajnokság I match was played in the stadium when MTK Budapest hosted Gyirmót FC Győr on the 13 week of the 2016–17 Nemzeti Bajnokság I season. The first goal was scored by the MTK icon Sándor Torghelle in the 75th minute of the game which ended with a 1–0 victory for the MTK Budapest.
On 23 March 2017 the first international match was played. Russia hosted Hungary in the 2017 UEFA European Under-17 Championship qualification Elite round. The match ended with a 2–1 victory for Hungary. The first goal was scored Prutsev in the 16th minute. However, Hungary could equalize in the 74th minute by Szoboszlai. The winning goal came in the 84th minute by the same Szoboszlai.
On 5 April 2017, the first Magyar Kupa was match was played. However, the host were not the MTK Budapest because they were eliminated from the 2016–17 Magyar Kupa season by Dorog but Vasas SC. Since the Illovszky Rudolf Stadion was demolished, Vasas SC's home, Vasas hosted Újpest FC at the Hidegkuti Nándor Stadion. The final result was 0–1 but Vasas could qualify for the next round on 2–2 aggregate. The only goal was scored by Nemanja Andrić in the 45+2 minute.
|13 October 2016||MTK Budapest FC||2–2||Sporting||Friendly match
|Kanta 44' (p.)
|(Report)||Ronaldo Tavares 23'
Matheus Pereira 51' (p.)
|22 October 2016||MTK Budapest FC||1–0||Gyirmót FC Győr||2016–17 Nemzeti Bajnokság I
First Nemzeti Bajnokság I match
|Torghelle 75'||(Report)||Attendance: 1,183
Referee: Péter Solymosi (Hungary)
|23 March 2017||Russia||1–2||Hungary||2017 UEFA U17 qualification
First international match
|15:30||Prutsev 16'||Report||Szoboszlai 74', 80+4'||Referee: Keith Kennedy (Northern Ireland)
|5 April 2017||Vasas||0–1||Újpest||2016–17 Magyar Kupa
First Magyar Kupa match
|20:30 CET||Report||45+2' Andrić||Attendance: 1,300
Referee: Gergely Szots (Hungary)
Behind the goals there are high grey walls in the newly built arena. When the public became aware of this fact after seeing the photos of the new stadium, it cast doubt on the safety of the stadium. Therefore, the journalists of the Hungarian sport magazine, Nemzeti Sport, checked and measured the distance between the walls and the goals. The result showed that the stadium was built according to the UEFA regulations for stadium constructions.
Márton Fülöp goal
|Service||Station/Stop||Line/Route||Walking distance from stadium|
|Budapest tram||Hidegkuti Nándor Stadion||1||100 m 2 mins|
As of 11 April 2017.
- "Nándor Hidegkuti Stadion". Stadium Database. 10 February 2015.
- "MTK: 2020-ig 6.5 milliárd a létesítmények fejlesztésére". Nemzeti Sport. 24 April 2014.
- "MTK: kiemelt beruházás lett az új stadion építése". Nemzeti Sport. 4 November 2014.
- "MTK: kész a terv, így néz majd ki az új Hidegkuti-stadion - kép". Nemzeti Sport. 5 December 2014.
- "Újabb képek a tervezett, új Hidegkuti Nándor Stadionról". MTK Budapest's Official Website. 12 December 2014.
- "MTK: új látványképek a készülő Hidegkuti-stadionról". Nemzeti Sport. 12 December 2014.
- "Az MTK stadion - a sporaarchitects és az azpml terve". epiteszforum.hu. 18 June 2015.
- "Megkezdődött a Hidegkuti Nándor Stadion Bontása". MTK Budapest's Official Website. 6 December 2014.
- "NB I: megkezdődött az MTK-stadion bontása - képek". Nemzeti Sport. 6 November 2014.
- "New construction: The art of demolition in Budapest". StadiumDB. 11 May 2015.
- "Megkezdőtött az MTK stadion bontása". Nemzeti Sport. 6 November 2014.
- "Letették az új stadion alapkövét". Nemzeti Sport. 16 November 2015.
- "HELYÉRE KERÜLT AZ ELSŐ PILLÉR (VIDEÓ + GALÉRIA)". MTKBudapest.hu. 9 December 2015.
- "Helyére került az új Hidegkuti stadion első tartópillére". Nemzeti Sport. 9 December 2015.
- "MTK: már van fű a kék-fehérek új stadionjában – képek". Nemzeti Sport. 7 July 2016.
- "MTK: a Hidegkuti-stadionban felszerelték a székeket – fotók". Nemzeti Sport. 24 September 2016.
- "Pornófilmmel próbálták ki az MTK-stadion kijelzőit". Index.hu. 6 October 2016.
- "Elnézést kértek, amiért pornó ment az MTK új kivetítőin". Hvg.hu. 6 October 2016.
- "MTK–Sporting: csak hárman jönnek a portugál A-keretből". Nemzeti Sport. 13 October 2016.
- "HONRAR A HISTÓRIA DE ANTUÉRPIA DO SPORTING CP... EM BUDAPESTE". Sporting.pt. 13 October 2016.
- "MTK: portugál góllal indult, döntetlen a stadionavatón". Nemzeti Sport. 13 October 2016.
- "MTK Budapest 1–0 Gyimrót FC Győr". Soccerway.com. 22 October 2016.
- "UEFA European Under–17 Championship: Russia 1–2 Hungary". Uefa.com. 23 March 2017.
- "Vasas 1–0 Újpest". Soccerway.com. 5 April 2017.
- "MTK: ezért épült betonfal a Hidegkuti Nándor Stadionban". Nemzeti Sport. 29 September 2016.
- "Így emlékeznek: Az új MTK Stadion egyik részét nevezik el Fülöp Mártonról (†32)". Blikk.hu. 10 October 2016.
- "2016–17 Nézőszámok". magyarfutball.hu. 11 April 2017.