||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2009)|
|Native name||長沼 英樹|
|Also known as||skankfunk|
May 16, 1972 |
|Genres||Electronica, trip hop, hip hop, big beat, breakbeat, alternative dance, techno, alternative rock|
Hideki Naganuma (長沼 英樹 Naganuma Hideki?, born May 16, 1972) is a Japanese music composer who primarily does work for video game soundtracks.
His style is one that primarily mixes Japanese techno, funk, soul, and hip-hop elements to create a unique and vivid sound. Naganuma is most famous for his original compositions used in the Dreamcast game Jet Set Radio (Jet Grind Radio in the USA). He also composed several songs for the Jet Set Radio's Xbox sequel, Jet Set Radio Future. In 2004 he authored most of the music for the arcade skating game Ollie King. He was nominated to receive the Golden Joystick Award for Soundtrack of the Year for his work on the 2005 release Sonic Rush for the Nintendo DS.
He also composed the music for the anime Air Gear under the alias of skankfunk.
- Hip Jog Jog (1998)
- Atsumare! Guru Guru Onsen (1999) - with various others
- Sega Rally 2 (Dreamcast) (1999) - with Tomonori Sawada
- Jet Set Radio (2000) - with various others
- JRA PAT for Dreamcast (2000) - "Ebb & Flow"
- Jet Set Radio Future (2002) - with various others
- J. League Pro Soccer Club o Tsukurou! 3 (2003) - "Get it to Win It"
- Ollie King (2003)
- Sonic Rush (2005) - with Teruhiko Nakagawa
- Sega Rally 2006 (2006) - "Boosted"
- Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz (2006) - with Yuri Fukuda and Takashi Nagasaka
- Kurohyō: Ryū ga Gotoku Shinshō (2010) - with various others
- Super Monkey Ball 3D (2011) - with various others
- Kurohyō 2: Ryū ga Gotoku Ashura Hen (2012) - with various others
- Yakuza 5 (2012) - "Vendor Pop"
- Beatmania IIDX 20: Tricoro (2012) - "LUV CAN SAVE U"
- Dead Heat Riders (2013)
- Hover: Revolt of Gamers (2015) - with Cedric Menendez
- Interview at RocketBaby
- Artist profile at OverClocked ReMix
- Hideki Naganuma discography at MusicBrainz