|Remus Borza, Judicial Administrator|
|Revenue||US$ 1.05 billion (2007)|
Number of employees
Hidroelectrica is a state-owned company, its shares being held by the Ministry of Economy, Commerce and Business Environment which has as main objective power generation and services by using hydropower resources in Romania.
Hidroelectrica owns 272 power plants and pumping stations with a total installed capacity of 6,335 MW and an annual average power production of 19.772 GW meaning 22 - 33% of the total national output of Romania.
The company also has planned investments of US$6.8 billion in increasing the installed capacity by 2,634 MW and production by 6.489 GW per year; the most important projects being:
- Tarniţa – Lăpuşteşti Hydropower Plant (1,000 MW capacity) which will be the largest hydropower plant on the inner rivers in Romania. The total investment for this site will be around US$1 billion.
- Tisa Hydropower Plant (30 MW capacity). Total investment US$200 million.
- Islaz Hydropower Plant (28.8 MW capacity). Total investment US$313 million.
The company's main actives are:
- 89 large dams (which are over 10 m high and store over 1 million m3) of which 8 dams are over 100 m high;
- 350 km of headrace and tailrace channels;
- 750 km of underground galleries;
- 650 km of contour dams (dykes);
- 143 secondary catchments;
- 129 buildings of hydroelectric plants;
- 205 hydropower plants of small power and micro hydropower plants.