Hidayatullah National Law University
Academic block of HNLU
(for the sake of establishing the primacy of the laws of eternal value)
|Location||New Raipur, Chhattisgarh, India|
|Affiliations||UGC and BCI|
Hidayatullah National Law University (HNLU) (Hindi: हिदायतुल्लाह राष्ट्रीय विधि विश्वविद्यालय) is an autonomous law university in New Raipur, Chhattisgarh, India. The University is named after the former Chief Justice of India, Justice Mohammad Hidayatullah. It is one of the National Law Schools established in India being sixth in the series of such national law schools. It was established as a centre for legal excellence by the Government of Chhattisgarh under the Hidayatullah National University of Law, Chhattisgarh, Act (Act No.10 of 2003). The university offers a B.A. LL.B. (Hons.) integrated Programme, an L.L.M. Programme, and Ph.D Course.
- 1 Administration
- 2 Admission
- 3 Courses and curriculum
- 4 Publications
- 5 Campus
- 6 Infrastructure
- 7 Moot Courts
- 8 Campus Life
- 9 Achievements
- 10 Common Law Admission Test
- 11 See also
- 12 References
Heading the administration of the university are:
- Visitor: Justice H. L. Dattu, Chief Justice of India.
- Chancellor: Justice Navin Sinha, acting Chief Justice of the High Court of Chhattisgarh.
- Vice Chancellor: Prof. Dr Sukh Pal Singh.
- Registrar: R.L. Masiya (Registrar-in-charge).
Admissions to Undergraduate an postgraduate courses is made on the basis of merit as assessed through Common Law Admission Test (CLAT). Prior to 2008, admissions were conducted through National Entrance Tests which was replaced by CLAT as per the Supreme Court of India's directives. Admissions to the Ph.d Programme is conducted separately by the University. Students belonging to the state domicile Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Class, and PWD and minorities are provided with scholarships by the state government.
Courses and curriculum
HNLU currently offers following courses:
- B.A., LL.B (Hons.) - Integrated Undergraduate Law Degree Program - (5 Years)
- LL.M - Master of Laws - Postgraduate Program - (1 Year)
The University follows a semester system in its Undergraduate Program, with the students studying a total of 56 Papers in 5 Years. The University earlier had a system of students declaring a major(Political Science, Sociology or Economics) but currently it offers a single major, Political Science. In the 4th & 5th Year, students have to choose two Honors papers. All students are also required to study 6 Optional papers during their 4th & 5th year.
|Compulsory Law Papers||Contd.||Contd.||Honors subjects offered||Optionals offered|
|Law of Torts||Environmental Law||Code of Civil Procedure||Hons. in Constitutional Governance||International Commercial Arbitration|
|Legal Methods||Labor Law - I||Indian Evidence Act||Hons. in Corporate Law||Indirect taxation|
|Family Law - I||Labor Law - II||Alternative Dispute Resolution||Hons. in Intellectual Property Law's||Insurance Laws|
|Family Law - II||Corporate Law - I||Transfer of Property Act||Hons. in Trade & Investment Law's||Competition Law|
|Law of Contracts - I||Corporate Law - II||Intellectual Property Laws||WTO Law|
|Law of Contracts - II||Jurisprudence - I||Land Laws||Banking Law's|
|Constitutional Governance - I||Jurisprudence - II||Drafting, Pleading, Conveyancing||Women & Law|
|Constitutional Governance - II||Principles of Taxation||Professional Ethics||Media & Law|
|International Law||Administrative Law||Cyber Law|
|Indian Penal Code||Code of Criminal Procedure|
HNLU Student Bar Journal is the flagship peer review journal of the Students Bar Association of HNLU. In 2014 the University started the HNLU Journal of Law & Social Sciences (ISSN No. 2347-839X), a multidisciplinary peer-reviewed journal with an editorial board of experts from the legal as well as the field of social sciences. This Bi-annual Journal is being published with the objective to provide a platform to judges, jurists, academicians, research scholars and legal practitioners to express their views on topics of contemporary significance in law and social sciences.
Previously, the university ran from a classical heritage building adjacent to the Raj Bhawan in the heart of the city. In 2009, the university shifted to its newly constructed campus at Uparwara, Naya Raipur, about 22 km from the center of Raipur city.
The new campus is built over 65 acres (260,000 m2) of land located beside a lake and in a serene and pollution free environment. The circular academic and administrative building has been built on the design of the Parliament of India. The academic block consists of a three-storied library with an air conditioned reading hall and an air-conditioned computer lab equipped with 200 computers. The academic block also houses the Moot Court Halls designed to match the standards of the Supreme Court of India and the High Courts. The campus is Wi-Fi enabled. There are 21 air-conditioned class-rooms fitted with modern teaching aids and equipments.
The air-conditioned class rooms are fitted with teaching aids such as DLP projectors and interactive boards. It also has a Conference Hall and an amphitheater. The Halls of Residence at the new campus have been constructed to provide single room accommodation to each student.
HNLU provides separate hostels for girls and boys. Each hostel has two blocks which are connected to the mess. There are over 400 single occupancy rooms and under construction 216 double occupancy rooms. The hostels are equipped with separate mess and gymnasium facilities, and medical facilities with a resident doctor
Library and Reading Room
HNLU has a three-storied library with an air conditioned reading hall. HNLU library has adopted an open access system so as to make it easier for the readers to access to the library resources thereby saving time. The library has a large collection of law books, case law reports and journals. To assist the students and research scholars in locating their desired legal literature and other information, a library automation system has been installed. Photocopying and printing facilities are available.
The HNLU library conducts a library orientation programme for the fresh students to acquaint them with the library system.
The library is Wi-Fi enabled and provides the students with daily newspapers, weekly magazines and other periodicals.
HNLU has an air conditioned computer lab with desktop computers with internet connectivity. All the legal databases are available through CD-ROMs and subscription to web based databases like JSTOR, Manupatra and Westlaw International, SCC Online, and Economic and Political Weekly. A Wi-Fi facility provides the students with wire-free access to the web resources through their laptops. The Information Technology Committee, a student body, maintains the Computer Lab.
New Academic Block & Guest House
In 2013 the University began construction to build a second Academic Block adjacent to the original one, with classrooms built to accommodate the additional students, after intake was hiked from 100 to 175.
A Guest house has been built where parents of students & guests are accommodated. The Lake facing guest house has air-conditioned rooms which are available at a nominal fee on application to the Registrar.
New Hostel Block & Auditorium
Construction began in 2014 for the new Hostel Blocks for both the Boys & Girls Hostel's. The new hostels are twin-sharing contrary to the old single rooms. The Chhattisgarh Government also allotted a major budget in 2014 for construction of a state-of-the-art Auditorium.
To familiarize students with the workings of courts, the university conducts court room exercises and Moot Courts. Court Room Exercises are conducted in every semester. Students are encouraged to participate in Moot Court competitions so that they get the chance to interact with other law students from all over the country. The Moot Court Committee is facilitator of the Moot Court. Additionally the committee is guided by the faculty coordinator and three Faculty advisers.
The Student Bar Association
The Student Bar Association at HNLU is the representative body of the students. The Association comprises fourteen students who are the conveners of the twelve committees of the University. A President and a Vice-President are elected from amongst these fourteen members. The members and officers of the Association hold office for a year. The Association makes all decisions affecting the students and makes recommendations to the Vice-Chancellor. The Association coordinates and supervises the activities of all the committees at the University.
The HNLU Students Bar Association consists of fourteen committees viz. Moot Court Co-ordination Committee, Academic Support Committee, Finance Committee, Legal Service Society, Literary and Debate Society, Library Committee, I.T. Committee, Public Relations Committee, Disciplinary Committee, Mess Committee, Halls of Residence Committee, Cultural Committee, Students Editorial Board and Sports Committee. Each Committee has a convener and co-convener. Each Committee has at least two faculty advisers. The President and Vice President of the Student Bar Council are elected by popular vote.
HNLU organises its flagship moot the Justice Hidayatullah Memorial National Moot Court Competition every year in October, in which teams from across the country participate. The Moot see's participation from across the country, with the Judges of the Chhattisgarh High Court officiating over the finals. The Competition has been previously sponsored by the Competition Commission of India & renowned Law firms such as Khaitan & Co., J. Sagar & Associates & Sai Krishna & Associates. The 1st Edition of the Moot in 2007 was based on Biotechnology Law, the subsequent editions being based on Competition Law (in association with the Competition Commission of India). The 7th edition of the Competition in 2014 saw the theme being changed from to Environmental Law. HNMCC is listed as a tier 5 Moot in the Mooting Premier League.
|7th||2014||SASTRA University, Tanjore||Symbiosis Law School, Noida||Siddhanth Kocchar (UPES Dehradun)|
|6th||2013||National Law School of India University, Bengaluru||NALSAR University of Law, Hyderabad||Pranav Agarwal (NALSAR, Hyderabad)|
|5th||2012||West Bengal National University Juridical Sciences, Kolkata||NALSAR University of Law, Hyderabad||Akshat Gupta (WBNUJS, Kolkata)|
|4th||2011||National Law University, Jodhpur||West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata||Vishal Sagar (NLU Jodhpur)|
|3rd||2010||National Law University, Delhi||Campus Law Centre, Delhi||Aditya Singha (NLU, Delhi)|
|2nd||2008||ILS Law College, Pune||National Law University, Jodhpur||- (GLC, Mumbai)|
Colossus is the flagship sports fest of HNLU which is organized in the month of March every year. The Fest was first organized in 2013 and comprises 15 sports events and an equal number of cultural events. Sports events include Football, Cricket, Tennis, Table-Tennis, Basketball, Throw-ball, Volleyball, Chess etc. The cultural events include a Dance contest, Singing Competitions, Fashion Show, Photography Competition, Mad-ad's etc. The fest which initially began with participation from local Universities & Colleges in Chhattisgarh such as NIT Raipur, BIT Raipur, MATS University, PIE Tech Raipur, APIC, CIT etc.
The 2nd Edition in 2014 saw addition's like classical dance, solo singing and street plays. Participants included Sastra University, Thanjavur, National Law Institute University, Bhopal, University Law College, Bhubaneshwar and Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar.
Literary & Debating
The University has an active Debating circuit which is supported by the Literary & Debating Committee. The University team's selected on the basis of challengers or benchmarks participate in Parliamentary debates across the country including the National Law School Debate, the Mukarji Memorial Debate at St. Stephens College, Delhi, the NALSAR IV & the NUJS Parliamentary Debate at WBNUJS, Kolkata.
Year round activities held on the Campus include:
- The Aruna Hyde Memorial Debate: It is a Parliamentary Debate held by the L&D Committee and named after Late Mrs. Aruna Hyde, Faculty of English, HNLU.
- Literary & Debating Week: Activities include Debates, One Act Plays, Scrabble Competitions, Quiz Contests, the Hindi Debate etc.
- The Republic Day Debate: It is an annual tradition to hold a debate on a relevant social issue on Republic Day.
- The India Quiz & Debating Premier League: DPL started in 2014, as a debating equivalent of the IPL, where investors buy teams which are pitted against each other.
- Freshers Debate: The inaugural edition was held in 2013, meant for First year students of the University.
Intra University Sporting Events
The University has an endowment Cricket Tournament, the Sudeep Memorial Cricket Tournament named after an alumni. There is an annual Football tournament held in the University known as the Hidayatullah Premier League (HPL). A Basketball Tournament, "Dunkyard" has also been happening since 2013.
The HNLU ILSA Chapter was established on 11 October 2010, with Aakansha Kumar as its Chief Officer and Ms. Shilpa Jain & Mr. Neeraj Tiwari as Faculty Advisers. Through the years the Chapter has tried to forward the study on International Law in HNLU through various initiatives, including a two-day Lecture Series by Prof. David Ambrose from the University of Madras and the HNLU-ILSA Refugee Conference.
The students of the University have won various awards and accolades. In 2012 the Supreme Court Lawyers Welfare Trust, awarded its first annual fellowship, named "The Lawyers Welfare Award" to HNLU alumnus Pallav Mongia.
An alumnus of the 2012 graduating batch, Mr. Saksham Chaturvedi won the ABA Section of International Law’s Rona R. Mears Student Writing Competition & Scholarship Award, 2011 for his essay on "The Geneva Conventions: What Past? What futures?" and was awarded the prize in an event hosted by the American Bar Association in Washington
HNLU alumnus have gone on to join LL.M (Master of Law) Programme's at the Harvard Law School, UC Berkeley, Boston University, George Washington University, Oxford University, Cambridge University, Queen Mary University of London, University of Warwick, Goethe University Frankfurt, United Nations Interregional Crime and Justice Research Institute, National University of Singapore, South Asian University and other prestigious Institutions.
HNLU has represented India in some of the best International Moot Court Competitions like the Manfred Lachs Space Law Moot Court Competition; International Maritime Moot Court Competition, Sydney, the LAWASIA Moot, the Inter-American Human Rights Moot Court Competition at the Washington College of Law, the FDI Moot, Louis M. Brown Client Counseling Competition, Susan J. Ferrell Intercultural Human Rights Moot Court Competition held at St. Thomas University - School of Law, Miami, the Philip C. Jessup Moot Court Competition etc.
- Manfred Lachs Space Law Moot Competition, Sydney, Australia, 2005: Won the Best Oralist Award (Preliminary Rounds) at the competition conducted by the International Institute of Space Law. The team was a semi-finalist and was the only Indian team that advanced to the semi-finals.
- Hong Kong Red Cross International Humanitarian Law Moot (Sub-continent Rounds), 2010: The team which qualified for the National Rounds through the Henry Dunant Moot Court Competition, won the Sub-continent rounds of the International Red Cross Moot Court Competition and qualified for the International Rounds in 2011.[better source needed]
- Hong Kong Red Cross International Humanitarian Law Moot (International Round), 2011: The team qualified for the World Finals and went on to secure the Runners-Up position.
- Asia-Pacific Rounds of Manfred Lachs International Space Law Moot Competition, 2011: Won the Best Memorandum Award.
- Represented India at the World Rounds of Philip C. Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition after being Runner's Up at the North India Rounds of 2012 event in January 2012.
- 3rd International ADR Mooting Competition, 2012 held at the City University of Hong Kong: Won Runner up Memoranda.
- 4th International ADR Mooting Competition, 2013 held at the City University of Hong Kong: Won the Best Team in Mediation, and stood overall Runner-up.
- 9th Susan J. Ferrell Intercultural Human Rights Moot Court Competition, 2014 held at St. Thomas University - School of Law, Miami: The Team was adjudged Runner-up and also awarded the Best Memorial Prize.
- 9th LAWASIA Moot, 2014: The team was awarded the Best Endeavor Award.[better source needed]
- IASLA Space Law Moot Court Competition (Asia-Pacific Rounds), 2014 held at Sydney, Australia: Team was awarded the Best Memorials Prize.
- 11th William C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot, 2014 held at Hong Kong: Semi-Finalists Pan-Asian Award.
- K.L.E. Society's League of Mooters Moot Court Competition, 2005 : Runners' Up and Best Memorial Award.
- Xth All India Moot Court Competition, 2005 held at the University Law College, Bangalore : Adjudged Runner’s Up.
- "Jus Amicus" National Moot Court Competition, 2007, Bharathi Vidyapeeth, Pune: Adjudged Runners Up and Best Lady Advocate.
- Stetson International Environmental Moot Court Competition (North-India Rounds), 2009: Best Orator Prize.
- The NLIU-Juris Corp Corporate Law National Moot 2010 held at NLIU Bhopal - Winners.
- Henry Dunant India Rounds-2010: Winner and qualified for the Sub-Continent rounds.
- Bar Council of India International Law Moot Court Competition, 2011: Best Female Oralist.
- NALSAR - NFCG Corporate Governance Moot Court Competition, 2011: Runner-up, Best Speaker Prize.
- ULC Bangalore All India Moot Court Competition, 2011: Best Memorial and Best Researcher Awards.
- Monroe E. Price Media Law National Moot Qualifier Competition held at NLU, Delhi: 3rd Best Team and qualified to represent India at the Oxford Monroe E. Price Media Law International Moot to be held at Oxford University in March 2011.
- Nani Palkhiwala Tax Moot Court Competition, 2011: Awarded Best Speaker Prize.
- Philip C. Jessups Moot Court Competition (North India), 2012: Second Best Team and 4th Best Memorial.
- 1st D.H. Law National Moot Court Competition, 2012 held at CNLU, Patna: Adjudged Winners.
- Surana and Surana National Trial Advocacy Moot, 2012 (North Eastern Rounds): Winner, Best Advocate, Second Best Advocate, Second Best Memorials and Best Speaker in the Finals.
- 4th Rizvi Law College Saqib Rizvi Memorial Moot, 2012: Adjudged Runner-up.
- 9th Nani Palkhiwala Tax Moot, 2012: Best Researcher Prize.
- 17th Stetson International Environmental Moot Court Competition, 2012 (North India rounds): Best Memorial Award.
- 6th Pro Bono Moot Court Competition 2012 held at SOEL, Chennai: Runner's up, Best Memorial, Best Speaker and Best Researcher award.
- 15th S.C. Javali Memorial National Moot Court Competition, 2012 organised by Karnatak University’s Sir Siddappa Kambali Law College, Dharwad: Adjudged Runner-up.
- KK Luthra Memorial Criminal Law Moot, 2013: Best Memorials Prize.
- 1st NLS - TIOL Tax Law Moot, 2013 held at National Law School of India University, Bangalore: Adjudged Winners
- Surana and Surana Trial Advocacy Moot, 2013 (North Eastern Rounds): Winner, Second Best Memorials and Third Best Speaker
- Army Institute of Law National Moot Court Competition, 2013: Adjudged Winners
- 3rd Paras Diwan Memorial National Moot Court Competition, 2013 organized by UPES, Dehradun: Adjudged Winners.
- ITMU Moot Court Competition, 2013: Adjudged Winners.
- 2nd KIIT University Moot Court Competition, 2014 held at KIIT University, Bhubaneshwar: Adjudged Winner, Best Speaker.
- 8th Justice Bodh Raj Sawhney Memorial Moot Court Competition, 2014 held at NALSAR, Hyderabad: Adjudged Winner.
- 5th NLIU Juris-Corp Moot Court Competition, 2014 held at NLIU, Bhopal: Adjudged Runner-up.
- Surana and Surana Trial Advocacy Moot, 2014 (North Eastern Rounds): Adjudged Winners, Best Advocate Prize.
- Dr. B.P. Saraf National Tax Moot Court Competition, 2014 held at NUJS, Kolkata: Adjudged Runner-up.
Common Law Admission Test
HNLU conducted the Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) in 2013. CLAT is conducted for conducted for admission into various academic programmes (LLB and LLM) of the 14 National Law Universities (NLUs) in India. The 2013 edition of CLAT saw 29,500 test takers.Initially HNLU rejected 1,317 out of 29,500 application forms that were “incomplete or filled improperly”, but on 23 April notified on its website that “on the basis of requests made by applicants and their parents” it would allow rejected applicants to apply again on a “provisional basis”.
- Official website
- Common Law Admission Test
- Justice Hidayatullah Memorial National Moot Court Competition
- Colossus (The HNLU Sports Fest)
- HNLU Mooting Blog
- Literary & Debating Committee
- "HNLU UGC Order" (PDF). Retrieved 2012-07-15.
- "About HNLU". Hidayatullah National Law University. Archived from the original on 27 November 2014. Retrieved 1 June 2014.
- "HNLU gets new VC: Prof Sukhpal Singh joins from Banaras Hindu Uni". LegallyIndia.
- "Order regarding assignment of the duty of Registrar(I/C) to Mr. R.L.Masiya" (PDF). Hidayatullah National Law University. HNLU.
- "Front Page : Common Law Admission Test to be held in May". The Hindu. 2008-01-11. Retrieved 2012-02-21.
- "Ph. D. Programme".
- "Common Law Admission Test 2015 - Brochure - HNLU Raipur" (PDF). CLAT. CLAT. 15 January 2015. Archived from the original (PDF) on 15 January 2015. Retrieved 15 January 2015.
- "HNLU BA LLB Programme". Hnlu.ac.in. Retrieved 2012-07-15.
- "HNLU LLM Programme". Hnlu.ac.in. Retrieved 2012-07-15.
- "HNLU - Ph.D. Programme". hnlu.ac.in. Retrieved 28 September 2014.
- "HNLU Journal of Law and Social Sciences" (PDF). Hidayatullah National Law University. HNLU.
- "HNLU: Death & Re-incarnation". Blogspot. Debanshu Mukherjee.
- "HNLU four-year battle winds down, students return to new campus". LegallyIndia.
- "HNLU". Moot Court Hall. Retrieved June 2, 2014.
- "Library". hnlu.ac.in. Retrieved 2012-02-21.
- "Computer Lab". hnlu.ac.in. Retrieved 2012-02-21.
- "Student Bar Association". HNLU.
- "Justice Hidayatullah Memorial National Moot Court Competition". HNLU.
- "HNLU's moot court competition kicks off". 'newspaper'.
- "Watch out for legal acumen of students at HNLU moot court contest today". 'newspaper'.
- "Justice Hidayatullah Memorial National Moot Court Competition". Legallypedia.
- "4th Justice Hidayatullah Memorial Moot Court Competition" (PDF).
- "HNMCC, 2011" (PDF). Lexcetera.
- "The Great Green Debate begins". 'newspaper'. 2014-10-17. Retrieved 2015-01-01.
- "MPL 6 Rulebook". LegallyIndia.
- "Live Reports: HNMCC 2014". Supreme Court Cases.
- "Weekend Mooting Bonanza: NLIU tops MPL after Christ wins Amity, GNLU victory at Bhopal, NLIU aces Rizvi, NLSIU wins HNLU". LegallyIndia.
- "NUJS breaks it down to Nalsar at HNLU Justice Hidayatullah Moot". LegallyIndia. 2012-10-23.
- "MPL 3: NLU Jodhpur stays ahead of NLSIU, both shine at Nani Palkhivala and Hidayatullah moots". LegallyIndia.
- "Justice Hidayatullah Memorial National Moot Court Competition". LegallyIndia.
- "2nd Justice Hidayatullah Memorial National Moot Court Competition, 2008". LegallyIndia.
- "Colossus, 2014". HNLU.
- "Colossus, 2013". HNLU.
- "HNLU's Colossus kick-starts with a bang". 2013-04-06.
- "Colossus-2014 begins at HNLU". 2014-03-29.
- "Sudeep Memorial Annual Cricket Tournament- 2014". HNLU.
- "HNLU ILSA Chapter". ILSA Quarterly. 2011-02-01.
- Sikarwar, Mahip (1 December 2014). "Campus Happenings: HNLU". ILSA Quarterly.
- "Supreme Court Lawyers Welfare Trust awards Litigation Fellowships to Pallav Mongia & Shivraj Gaonkar". 2012-11-01. Retrieved 2015-01-01.
- "ABA Section of International Law Rona R. Mears Student Writing Competition & Scholarship Awards" (PDF). http://americanbar.org/intlaw/. American Bar Association. Retrieved 31 December 2014.
- "Manfred Lachs Moot, 2006" (PDF).
- "Manfred Lachs Moot, 2010" (PDF).
- "Student Achievement". hnlu.ac.in. 2005-02-28. Retrieved 2012-02-21.
- "HNLU wins jackpot at HK Red Cross Moot as Symbi, ILS battle at GH Raisoni". LegallyIndia.
- "Hong Kong Red Cross International Humanitarian Law Moot".
- "Mooting Premier League 2010-11".
- "Mega Mooting Sunday: NLU Delhi wins Jessup North and KK Luthra; NUJS, NLS post wins at Christ Anti-trust and Rizvi moots". LegallyIndia.
- "The International ADR Mooting Competition 2012 – Results List" (PDF). City University, Hong Kong.
- "The International ADR Mooting Competition 2013 – Results List" (PDF).
- "Susan J. Ferrell Intercultural Human Rights Moot Court Competition". St. Thomas University - School of Law. Retrieved 2015-01-01.
- "HNLU students win ‘Moot Court’ competition in US". 'newspaper'. 2014-02-17. Retrieved 2015-01-01.
- "LAWASIA Moot".
- "The IASLA Space Law Moot Court Competition, 2014" (PDF). IASLA.
- "11th William C. Vis Pan-Asian Awards" (PDF). Retrieved 31 December 2014.
- "NLU Jodhpur wins Stetson North, climbs Mooting Premier League". LegallyIndia.
- "HNLU beats NLU-J in NLIU-Juris Corp Moot; Nalsar now tops standings after best-speaker award". LegallyIndia.
- "MPL 2, Moot 2: HNLU Raipur bests NLU Delhi youngsters to win Henry Dunant". LegallyIndia.
- "Nalsar beats NLS in BCI Moot finals, nips at NUJS heels for MPL lead". Legally India. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2012-02-21.
- "Jindal bests Nalsar, NLIU for Moot win; NUJS narrows MPL gap; NLS wins one". LegallyIndia.
- "Nalsar changes guard ahead of packed MPL field post Super Sunday; GNLU bags DM Harish trophy | Mooting". Legally India. 2011-02-14. Retrieved 2012-02-21.
- "NUJS bests NLSIU to qualify for Media Moot in Oxford with NLU Jodhpur, HNLU". LegallyIndia.
- "MPL 3: NLU Jodhpur stays ahead of NLSIU, both shine at Nani Palkhivala and Hidayatullah moots".
- Results - Philip C. Jessups Moot Court Competition (North India), 2012
- RMLNLU wins Stetson North as NLU Delhi, HNLU keep 2nd, 3rd in Mooting Premier League | Mooting | Law students | News | Editorial | Legally India
- "Mooting Premier League 4 season standings".
- "GNLU wins Nani Palkhivala tax moot, ‘shatters’ style-over-substance mooting myth". LegallyIndia.
- "17th Stetson International Environmental Law Moot Court Competition, North Rounds".
- "HNLU Raipur loses Pro Bono Enviro moot to ULC Bangalore but sweeps rest, overtakes NUJS to 2nd". LegallyIndia.
- "KIIT School of Law wins moot court competition". 'newspaper'.
- "NLU-J defeats Newcastle to clinch winner's title at KK Luthra Moot, 3rd place in MPL".
- http://www.moot.in/moot1/case_documents/2/results.pdf , Results at the Surana and Surana website
- "Checkmate-2013 concludes at Army Institute of Law" (Chandigarh). Punjab News Express. 2013-02-24. Retrieved 31 December 2014.
- "HNLU, Raipur, team wins moot court competition". 'newspaper'.
- "2nd KIIT University National Moot Court competition 2014 – Champion Hidayatullah National Law University wins 1Lakh cash prize" (Bhubaneshwar). Odisha Samachar. Odisha Samachar/ Dipti Ranjan Kanungo. 2014-09-07. Retrieved 31 December 2014.
- "HNLU is champs of NALSAR Moot Court" (Hyderabad). The Hindu. Special Correspondent. 2014-09-29. Retrieved 31 December 2014.
- "5th Moot Court Competition held at NLIU" (Bhopal). The Pioneer. Staff Reporter. 2014-09-08. Retrieved 31 December 2014.
- "First National Tax Moot Court Competition at Kolkata". http://www.aiftponline.org/. All India Federation of Tax Practitioners. Retrieved 31 December 2014.
- "CLAT rejected applicants can take the test". Retrieved 2013-04-25.
- "2013 CLAT applicants shown ‘kindness’ by HNLU, allowing aspirants to correct ‘improper’ applications". LegallyIndia.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Hidayatullah National Law University.|