Hieroglyph (TV series)
|Created by||Travis Beacham|
|Country of origin||United States|
Hieroglyph was a proposed American action-adventure drama series created by Travis Beacham, who served as executive producer on the show along with Katherine Pope, Peter Chernin and Miguel Sapochnik. Sapochnik directed the first episode. The series was produced by 20th Century Fox Television and Chernin Entertainment. Originally scheduled for a spring 2015 premiere, it was announced at the end of June 2014 that Fox had shut down production and canceled the series before airing an episode.
- Max Brown as Ambrose
- Reece Ritchie as Pharaoh Shai Kanakht
- Condola Rashād as Nefertari Kanakht, the Pharaoh's half-sister
- John Rhys-Davies as Vocifer
- Caroline Ford as Peshet
- Antony Bunsee as Rawser
- Kelsey Chow as Lotus Tenry
- Hal Ozsan as Bek Penroy
On October 17, 2013, Fox announced that it had dropped the pilot stage for Hieroglyph and would straight away commit to a 13-episode season. The first episode was shot in Morocco in early 2014. The series was expected to continue filming in March 2014 in New Mexico at the Albuquerque Studios. Kevin Reilly for Fox Entertainment has stated that "We wanted to do a show about deceit, sex, intrigue in the court and fantastical goings on – no better place to set that than ancient Egypt."
Fox canceled the series in June 2014, saying the series was not coming together the way executives had hoped.
- "FOX Gives Series Order to New Action-Adventure Drama "Hieroglyph"". The Futon Critic. October 17, 2013. Retrieved April 5, 2014.
- Rawden, Jessica (October 17, 2013). "Hieroglyph picked up to series at Fox". Television Blend. Retrieved April 5, 2014.
- Andreeva, Nellie (May 12, 2014). "Fox 2014 Schedule: 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine' & 'Mulaney' Join Sunday Animated Block, 'Glee' Held For Midseason". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved May 12, 2014.
- Hibberd, James (June 30, 2014). "Fox cancels Ancient Egypt drama 'Hieroglyph'". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved July 1, 2014.
- Swift, Andy (February 28, 2014). "Max Brown to Headline Fox Adventure Drama Hieroglyph". TV Line. Retrieved April 5, 2014.
- Cave, Lucy (December 20, 2014). "Reece Ritchie to star in 'Hieroglyph'". The Hollywood News. Retrieved April 5, 2014.
- "Hieroglyph on Fox: Official Website". Fox Broadcasting Company. Archived from the original on April 7, 2014. Retrieved April 6, 2014.
- Andreeva, Nellie (January 11, 2014). "Condola Rashad To Co-Star On Fox Drama Series 'Hieroglyph'". Deadline.com. Retrieved April 5, 2014.
- Eames, Tom (February 27, 2014). "Lord of the Rings star John Rhys-Davies joins Fox series Hieroglyph". Digital Spy UK. Retrieved April 5, 2014.
- Andreeva, Nellie (January 15, 2014). "Fox Adds Kendrick Sampson To 'Gracepoint', Kelsey Chow To 'Hieroglyph'". Deadline.com. Retrieved April 5, 2014.
- "Hieroglyph (TV Movie 2014)". IMDb. Retrieved 26 March 2015.
- Rose, Lacey (October 23, 2013). "Why TV Networks Are Bypassing Pilots for Direct-to-Series Orders". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved April 5, 2014.
- "Ancient Egypt drama series Tut to film in Morocco and Canada with Ben Kingsley". www.thelocationguide.com. Retrieved 2017-05-23.
- Verrier, Richard (February 26, 2014). "New Mexico to play ancient Egypt in new 'Hieroglyph' TV series". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved April 5, 2014.
- Elavksy, Cindy (July 6, 2014). "Celebrity Extra". King Features.
|This article about a television show originating in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|