|This article needs additional or better citations for verification. (October 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The south entrance in February 2016
|Location||5-1-1 Kajino-cho, Koganei-shi, Tokyo
|Operated by||JR East|
|Line(s)||■ Chuo Line (Rapid)|
|Distance||27.4 km from Tokyo|
|Platforms||1 side platform, 1 island platform|
|Opened||10 September 1964|
|Passengers (FY2014)||29,088 daily|
The station has one elevated side platform and one elevated island platform serving three tracks, with the station building located underneath. The station has a Midori no Madoguchi staffed ticket office.
|1, 2||■ Chuo Line (Rapid)||for Shinjuku and Tokyo|
|3||■ Chuo Line (Rapid)||for Tachikawa, Hachiōji and Takao|
|Chuo Line (Rapid)|
The station opened on September 10, 1964. Freight operations from the station began from April 1965, and continued until 1984. The station became part of the JR East network after the privatization of Japanese National Railways (JNR) on April 1, 1987.
In fiscal 2014, the station was used by an average of 29,088 passengers daily (boarding passengers only).
- Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology
- Hosei University
- Asia University
- International Christian University
- Japan Lutheran College
- Tokyo Union Theological Seminary
- Tokyo University of Electro-Communications
- Studio Ghibli (animation company)
- Gainax (animation company)
- Feel (animation company)
- Koganei Park
- Edo-Tokyo Open Air Architectural Museum
- Ishino, Tetsu et al. (eds.) (1998). 停車場変遷大事典 国鉄・JR編 [Station Transition Directory - JNR/JR] (in Japanese). II. Tokyo: JTB Corporation. p. 178. ISBN 4533029809.
- 各駅の乗車人員 (2014年度) [Station passenger figures (Fiscal 2014)] (in Japanese). Japan: East Japan Railway Company. 2015. Retrieved 5 October 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Higashi-Koganei Station.|
- JR East station information (Japanese)