The east entrance in November 2011
1-12-11 Yakyū-chō, Higashimatsuyama-shi, Saitama-ken 355-0028|
|Operated by||Tobu Railway|
|Line(s)||Tobu Tojo Line|
|Distance||49.9 km from Ikebukuro|
|Platforms||2 side platforms|
|Opened||1 October 1923|
|Previous names||Bushū Matsuyama (until 1954)|
|Passengers||29,568 per day (FY2014)|
Higashi-Matsuyama Station is served by the Tobu Tojo Line from Ikebukuro in Tokyo. Located between Takasaka and Shinrinkōen, it is 49.9 km from the Ikebukuro terminus. All services, (TJ Liner, Rapid express, Rapid, Express, Semi express, Local) stop at this station. During the daytime, the station is served by eight trains per hour in each direction.
The station consists of two side platforms serving two tracks, with the station building located above the platforms. The platforms were originally island platforms serving four tracks, but the outer tracks were removed following completion of double-tracking beyond to Shinrinkōen.
|1||■ Tobu Tojo Line||for Shinrinkōen, Ogawamachi, and Yorii|
|2||■ Tobu Tojo Line||for Sakado, Kawagoe, and Ikebukuro|
Tokyo Metro Yurakucho Line for Shin-Kiba
Tokyo Metro Fukutoshin Line for Shibuya
Tokyu Toyoko Line for Yokohama
Minatomirai Line for Motomachi-Chukagai
|Tobu Tojo Line|
The station was first opened on 1 October 1923 as Bushū Matsuyama Station (武州松山駅). The station was renamed Higashi-Matsuyama Station in October 1954 when Higashi-Matsuyama became a city. The station building was refurbished between 2008 and 2010 with the addition of lifts on either side.
From 17 March 2012, station numbering was introduced on the Tobu Tojo Line, with Higashi-Matsuyama Station becoming "TJ-29".
|Fiscal year||Daily average|
- Saitama Children's Zoo
- Saitama Prefectural Higashimatsuyama Girls' High School
- National Route 407
- "Higashi-Matsuyama Station information" (in Japanese). Japan: Tobu Railway. Retrieved 9 January 2011.
- Terada, Hirokazu (19 January 2013). データブック日本の私鉄 [Databook: Japan's Private Railways]. Japan: Neko Publishing. p. 225. ISBN 978-4-7770-1336-4.
- Tobu Tojo Line Timetable, published March 2016
- 「東武スカイツリーライン」誕生！ あわせて駅ナンバリングを導入し、よりわかりやすくご案内します [Tobu Sky Tree Line created! Station numbering to be introduced at same time] (pdf). Tobu News (in Japanese). Tobu Railway. 9 February 2012. Retrieved 21 March 2012.
- 駅情報（乗降人員） [Station information: Passenger figures] (in Japanese). Japan: Tobu Railway. 2015. Archived from the original on 6 August 2016. Retrieved 5 March 2016.
- Sawauchi, Kazuaki (October 2013). 東武鉄道東上線の歴史過程 [History of the Tobu Tojo Line]. The Railway Pictorial (in Japanese). Japan: Denkisha Kenkyūkai. 63 (880): 18.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Higashi-Matsuyama Station.|
- Tobu station information (in Japanese)