The Higashikawa Prize (東川賞 Higashikawa-shõ) has been awarded to photographers by the "Phototown" of Higashikawa, Hokkaidō (Japan) since 1985. The Overseas and Domestic Photographer prizes are of 500,000 yen and the New Photographer and Special prizes are of 300,000 yen.
The work of twenty years' winners of the Overseas Photographer Prize was exhibited in the Tokyo Metropolitan Museum of Photography in 2006.
|26||2010||Chin-pao Chen||Keizō Kitajima||Osamu James Nakagawa||Yoshihiro Hagiwara||Ichirō Kojima|
|27||2011||Peter Dressler||Yuki Onodera||Ken Kitano||Minoru Okuda||Shunji Dodo|
|28||2012||Arif Aşçı||Taiji Matsue||Lieko Shiga||Makiko Ue||Yoshikazu Minami|
|29||2013||Minstrel Kuik Ching Chieh||Rinko Kawauchi||Ari Hatsuzawa||Takehiko Nakafuji||Minoru Yamada|
- List of prizewinners, 1985–2009 (in Japanese) Accessed 2012-05-19.
- 2006 prizewinners. Accessed 22 April 2007.
- 2009 awards (in Japanese) Accessed 2010-08-29.
- 第26回写真の町東川賞受賞者発表. Higashikawa Photo Festival. (in Japanese) Accessed 2012-05-19.
- 小島一郎が東川賞受賞!! Aomori Museum of Art. (in Japanese) 20 May 2010. Accessed 2012-05-19.
- 第27回東川賞受賞作家展. Higashikawa Photo Festival. (in Japanese) Accessed 2012-05-19.
- Press release (PDF) (in English) Accessed 2012-05-19.
- Commentary (in English) Accessed 2012-05-19.
- "Exhibition of the 29th Higashikawa Award Winners" (in English) Accessed 2013-05-28.
- Hiraki Osamu. "The 21st Higashikawa Prize". Accessed 22 April 2007.
- (in Japanese) Prize history 1985–2005. Accessed 22 April 2007.
- (in Japanese) About the prize. Accessed 22 April 2007.
- (in Japanese) Phototown Higashikawa. Accessed 22 April 2007.
- (in Japanese) 2006 exhibition at the Tokyo Metropolitan Museum of Photography. Archived by the Wayback Machine on 18 December 2006.
- List of prizewinners. Accessed 29 August 2010.
- "The Higashikawa Award". Archived from the original on 2011-05-26. Retrieved 2011-01-20.