Higashisono Station in 2008
|Operated by||JR Kyushu|
|Line(s)||■ Nagasaki Main Line|
|Distance||3.5 km from Kikitsu (starting point of branch)|
|Platforms||1 side platform|
|Structure type||At grade (cutting)|
|Opened||1 October 1961|
|Previous names||Higashisono Signal Box (until 1 October 1966)|
|Passengers (FY2014)||73 daily|
The station consists of a side platform serving a single track within a cutting. There is no station building, only a rudimentary shelter on the platform which houses an automatic ticket vending machine as well as a SUGOCA card reader.
|Nagasaki Main Line (old line)|
Japanese National Railways (JNR) opened Higashisono Signal Box on 1 October 1961 as an additional facility on the existing track of the Nagasaki Main Line. It was upgraded to a passenger station on 1 October 1966. On 2 October 1972, a shorter inland bypass route was opened between Kikitsu through Ichinuno to Urakami was opened, which became known as the new line or Ichinuno branch of the Nagasaki Main Line. The section serving Higashisono which ran from Kikitsu through Nagayo to Urakami became known as the old line or the Nagayo branch. With the privatization of JNR on 1 April 1987, control of the station passed to JR Kyushu.
In fiscal 2014, there were a total of 26,713 boarding passengers, giving a daily average of 73 passengers.
- "JR Kyushu Route Map" (PDF). JR Kyushu. Retrieved 3 March 2018.
- "東園駅" [Higashisono]. hacchi-no-he.net. Retrieved 16 March 2018.
- Kawashima, Ryōzō (2013). 図説: 日本の鉄道 四国・九州ライン 全線・全駅・全配線・第5巻 長崎 佐賀 エリア [Japan Railways Illustrated. Shikoku and Kyushu. All lines, all stations, all track layouts. Volume 5 Nagasaki Saga area] (in Japanese). Kodansha. p. 42, 69. ISBN 9784062951647.
- "東園" [Higashisono]. JR Kyushu official station website. Retrieved 16 March 2018.
- "東園" [Higashisono]. seaside-station.com. Retrieved 16 March 2018.
- Ishino, Tetsu et al. (eds.) (1998). 停車場変遷大事典 国鉄・JR編 [Station Transition Directory - JNR/JR] (in Japanese). I. Tokyo: JTB Corporation. pp. 222–3. ISBN 4533029809.
- Ishino, Tetsu et al. (eds.) (1998). 停車場変遷大事典 国鉄・JR編 [Station Transition Directory - JNR/JR] (in Japanese). II. Tokyo: JTB Corporation. p. 717. ISBN 4533029809.
- "第63版（平成28年）長崎県統計年鑑" [Nagasaki Prefecture Statistics Yearbook 63rd Edition 2016]. Nagasaki Prefectural Government website. Retrieved 16 March 2018. See table at section under Transportation and Communications.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Higashisono Station.|
- Higashisono Station (JR Kyushu)(in Japanese)