|Products||Buses and coaches
Commercial and tourism vehicles
|Revenue||¥10.053 billion (2014)|
Number of employees
|Slogan||Higer Takes You Higher|
|Literal meaning||Higer Bus Company Limited|
|Literal meaning||Higer Bus|
Higer Bus Company Limited, also known as HIGER BUS, was established at the end of 1998. HIGER is China's leading exporter of buses and coaches, whose units are available in more than 100 countries and territories in South Asia, Middle East, Africa, Russia, East Europe and the Americas. In 2014, 25,615 HIGER buses were sold out, amounting to a sales value of RMB 10.053 billion. Awarded with "China Top Brand", "National Inspection-free Product" and other honors, HIGER has made its way to China's Top 500 Most Valued Brands with a brand value of RMB14.492 billion, becoming the fastest growing company in China's bus industry, a base for exporting national finished automobiles and one of the Top 100 enterprises in infomationalization in China.
At present, HIGER BUS has total assets of RMB 5.1 billion and more than 6,000 employees, of whom more than 1,100 are professionals and technicians, enabling an annual production capacity of 35,000 large and medium-sized buses, coaches and chassis. HIGER BUS has obtained ISO/TS16949 and the China Compulsory Certification (CCC) Exemption. It has manufactured 50 series (300 models) of buses and coaches including the H, A, V, B and Star series, which cover coaches, city buses and commuter buses. In accordance with the brand proposition of "winning the future with intelligence", HIGER BUS became the first bus and coach manufacturer who introduced "G-BOS intelligence operation system" upon R&D, progressing from a bus and coach manufacturer to a supplier of complete bus and coach operation management programs.
Higer Bus Company Limited was established in December 1998. Below are some of the company milestones leading up to today:
- In September 1999, 1000 complete vehicles were manufactured.
- In June 2003, a new 400,000 square meter factory was established and put into production in Suzhou Industrial Park (SIP).
- In July 2003, HIGER successfully passed the international ISO/TS16949 certification issued by the International Automotive Task Force (IATF) and the "Technical Committee" of ISO.
- In February 2004, HIGER V Series bus was officially launched into the market.
- In March 2004, HIGER was awarded with the "Best Safety Equipment Prize" at the BAAV World Bus Exposition.
- In May 2005, HIGER Bus Customer Service Call Center was officially put into operation, becoming the first bus industry specific customer center in China.
- In December 2005, HIGER's annual output and sales exceeded 10,000 units for the first time.
- In September 2006, HIGER launched the A80 export-based luxury bus in cooperation with the Swedish SCANIA Group.
- In December 2006, 500 HIGER bus units served the 15th Asian Games in Doha, Qatar.
- In March 2007, HIGER and SCANIA jointly researched and developed the SCANIA HIGER A90 High-class Deluxe Coach.
- In August 2008, 1500 HIGER bus units served at the 29th Summer Olympic Games held in Beijing, China.
- On January 18, 2009, HIGER Bus Company Limited celebrated the 10th anniversary of its establishment.
- In March 2009, HIGER passed the requirements of the Inspection Exemption of Import and Export Commodities from the Chinese National Administration.
- In July 2010, HIGER Bus G-BOS System was launched. The system integrates the functions of GPS, driving recorder, fuel consumption recorder, maintenance management, remote breakdown analysis and stitches matching.
- In December 2010, the company made a sales achievement of 20,000 vehicles a year.
- In June 2011, HIGER started to manufacture light commercial vehicles.
- In September 2012, the HIGER Light Duty Vehicle plant in Kunshan was set into production.
- On May 19, 2013, the foundation laying ceremony of the HIGER New Energy Bus plant was officially held. The first phase of the project amounted to 1.5 billion Chinese Yuan. After its completion, the annual production capacity of the base will reach 10,000 new energy bus units.
- On May 22, 2013, HIGER launched G-BOS II at the Beijing International Exhibition of Buses, Trucks and Vehicle Components.
- In September 2013, the First HIGER American Business Conference was held in Santiago de Chile. The conference was attended by HIGER distributors from 12 countries and regions, including US, Mexico, Costa Rica, Trinidad and Tobago, Ecuador, Uruguay, Paraguay, Brazil, Peru, Bolivia, Panama and Chile.
- In 2014, after 16 years of constant research and growth, HIGER sales exceeded 10 billion Chinese Yuan.
- On June 16, 2015, the annual list of China’s 500 Most Valuable Brands was officially released in Beijing. According to World Brand Lab, based on financial data analysis, consumer behavior and brand influence, Higer made its way into the list for eight consecutive years, ranking the 129th place in 2015, up from last year’s 134th place, with a brand value reaching 20.286 billion RMB.
HIGER buses and coaches are internationally renowned for their reliability and outstanding operating economy. Every single component is engineered to heighten the performance of the vehicle and set world-class standards for fuel economy, driveability and road handling. Furthermore, every model can be customized to offer the best solution possible to customers in terms of passenger capacity, seating plans, comfort levels, etc.
HIGER Bus A Series are the luxury coaches jointly launched by HIGER and SCANIA, including SCANIA-HIGER A80, A50, A30, A90, A98, etc.
- A98 KLQ6147S
- A95 KLQ6127D
- A90 KLQ6127Q
The internationally awarded HIGER Bus V Series are mature and reliable vehicles which allowed the company to grow and develop steadily.
- V90 KLQ6109
- V92/91 KLQ6129/KLQ6119
- V91 KLQ6119T
- V92 KLQ6129T
HIGER New H Series include the G-BOS Intelligent Operation System and an advanced complete vehicle cathode electro-coating technique.
- H92 KLQ6142B
- H92 KLQ6122D
- H91 KLQ6112HA
Classic H Series
- H92 KLQ6125A/B
- H94 KLQ6145D
- H94 KLQ6145B
- H92/H91 KLQ6125/KLQ6115
HIGER Bus B Series have obtained a worldwide recognition as reliable and fuel efficient public transit buses.
- B98H KLQ6181G
- B94H KLQ6140GQ
- B92H KLQ6129GQ1
- B90H KLQ6109G
- B90V KLQ6108G
- B8H KLQ6850G
- B7H KLQ6770G
New Energy Bus
HIGER New Energy Bus has been manufactured as a new generation of eco-friendly and energy saving city bus.
- Hybrid Electric City Bus (KLQ6129GHEV, KLQ6109GHEV, KLQ6129GQHEV)
- Hydrogen Fuel Bus (KLQ6129GQH2)
- Electric Bus (KLQ6129GEV, KLQ6125GEV)
- Natural Gas City Bus (KLQ6129GC, KLQ6119GC, KLQ6108GC)
- Natural Gas Road Bus (H92-KLQ6125B1C, H90-KLQ6115HQC, H8-KLQ6858C)
HIGER intelligent school buses adopt monocoque structure technology which provides them with stronger resistance against impacts, overturning and rolling. The driving chamber adopts a 360 degree vision design to avoid any blind spots. With G-BOS Intelligent Operation System and many other advanced electronic devices, the school bus series can protect kids and guarantee a safe ride to school.
- KLQ6116X 53+2+1 seats
- KLQ6106X 53+2+1 seats
- KLQ6896X 46+2+1 seats
- KLQ6806X 39+1+1 seats
- KLQ6756X 38+1+1 seats
- KLQ6606X 23+1+1 seats
- KLQ6590X 18 seats
- H8 KLQ6898/KLQ6858
- H8 KLQ6898C
- H7 KLQ6798
- V8 KLQ6896
- V8 KLQ6856
- V7 KLQ6796
Light Duty Vehicles
HIGER Light-duty Vehicle Division was established in March 2010. The existing business purpose vehicle (H5V), H5C, HIGER pickup(H5P) covers business, passenger, touring, commuter, logistic and many other industries.
- "Holden's Hoverd lands at Higer". BusNews.com.au. Retrieved July 2, 2015.
- "About Us". Higer Bus Company Limited. Retrieved 2015-06-24.
- "Higer Bus Company Limited". chinabuses.org. Retrieved July 2, 2015.
- "Higer AU - History". higer.com.au. Retrieved July 2, 2015.
- "Higer G-BOS Management Network Covers All Massive Bus Fleet". chinabuses.org. Retrieved July 2, 2015.
- "Higer History - About Higer - HIGER BUS Company Limited". higer.com. Retrieved July 2, 2015.
- Bus journeys
- "Memorabilia - Higer Introduction - HIGER BUS Company Limited". higerusa.com. Retrieved July 2, 2015.
- "Chinese buses launched". arabnews.com. Retrieved July 2, 2015.
- Higer presente en el Rally Mobil
- Alejandro Marimán Ibarra. "Indumotora recibe reconocimiento mundial por gestión con Higer". autocosmos.cl. Retrieved July 2, 2015.
- "Coach - Products - HIGER BUS Company Limited". higer.com. Retrieved July 2, 2015.
- "City Bus - Products - HIGER BUS Company Limited". higer.com. Retrieved July 2, 2015.
- "New Energy Bus - Products - HIGER BUS Company Limited". higer.com. Retrieved July 2, 2015.
- "School Bus - Products - HIGER BUS Company Limited". higer.com. Retrieved July 2, 2015.
- "Mini Bus - Products - HIGER BUS Company Limited". higer.com. Retrieved July 2, 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to HIGER buses.|