High Gear Media
||This article is incomplete. (October 2016)|
|Founder||Ido Green and Hesky Kustcher|
|Headquarters||Menlo Park, California|
|Chas Edwards, Marty Padgett|
|Brands||The Car Connection, Motor Authority|
High Gear Media is headquartered in Menlo Park, California. It has raised $12 million in funding, and is backed by Accel Partners, Greylock Partners, and DAG Ventures. Marty Padgett is the editorial director of High Gear Media.
The Car Connection has meta-reviews that integrate expert car reviews with opinions from other sources. It also features buying guides, how to articles, and new and used vehicle listings for sale. The site was the first to publish photos of the Chevrolet Volt, GM's extended-range electric vehicle, before its public launch in 2011.,
- Glaser, Mark. "5Across: Beyond Content Farms". Mediashift. Retrieved 3 June 2013.
- Somerville, Heather. "More car shoppers turn to mobile apps for the big purchase". San Jose Mercury News. Retrieved 8 August 2013.
- Carney, Michael. "High Gear Media answers surging mobile audience with free automotive content app". Pando Daily. Retrieved 10 May 2013.
- Rao, Leena. "High Gear Media Scores $5.5 Million For Auto Media Network". Techcrunch. Retrieved 10 May 2013.
- Wauters, Robin (8 December 2009). "Digg's Money Guy Joins High Gear Media Board". The Washington Post. Retrieved 3 June 2013.
- Ha, Anthony. "Content, Commerce, And Cars: High Gear Media Launches A Site To Buy New And Used Vehicles". Techcrunch. Retrieved 3 June 2013.
|This United States media company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|