High Maintenance (song)
|Song by Miranda Cosgrove featuring Rivers Cuomo from the album High Maintenance|
|Genre||Dance-pop, electropop, dance-punk, teen pop|
|Writer||Josh Alexander, Rivers Cuomo, Billy Steinberg|
|Producer||Josh Alexander, Rivers Cuomo|
"High Maintenance" is a song by American pop singer Miranda Cosgrove from her second extended play of the same name. It was released as a promotional single. It features Rivers Cuomo from Weezer. The song was written by Cuomo, Josh Alexander and, Billy Steinberg, and peaked on the Slovakia chart IFPI at number seventy-nine.
"It's the first duet I've ever done, and it was really fun. My part of the song is this girl who's high maintenance, and Rivers is this guy who's having to put up with it. I really enjoyed working with (Cuomo). He's really cool. I've worked with Dr. Luke for awhile... and he ended up introducing me to Rivers.— Cosgrove about new EP and collaboration with Rivers Cuomo"
Hiponline said of the song, "Title track “High Maintenance” sees Miranda trading tongue-in-cheek vocals about her carefree, fun-loving ways with Rivers Cuomo, who contributed as a songwriter and producer to the track.". James Christopher Monger of Allmusic wrote that the song had a more adult pop sound. Lauren Carter of The Boston Herald compared the sound to the likes of Avril Lavigne and Kesha and commented "High Maintenance is mostly high-octane fun, Cosgrove's all-grown-up soundtrack to letting loose and testing the rules without breaking them." Mikael Wood of Entertainment Weekly said the song is stronger than before. Allison Stewart of The Washington Post said that High Maintenance will sound familiar to anyone who heard her modestly received, similar-sounding 2010 full-length debut, Sparks Fly or any other teen pop disc released in the last five years."
- "Repertoire Search". BMI. Retrieved May 1, 2011.
- Amazon.com: High Maintenance
- "High Maintenance on Slovenská". IFPI. (IFPI). Retrieved 2011-02-10.
- "Miranda Cosgrove taps Rivers Cuomo for High Maintenance Duet". Billboard.com. Retrieved 2011-01-28.
- "Cosgrove releases video for High Maintenance". Hiponline. 2011-03-14. Retrieved 2012-02-21.
- Christopher, James (2011-03-15). "High Maintenance - Miranda Cosgrove". AllMusic. Retrieved 2012-02-21.
- "Miranda Cosgrove - High Maintenance review". BostonHerald.com. 2011-03-14. Retrieved 2012-02-21.
- "Music Review: High Maintenance, by Miranda Cosgrove". Entertainment Weekly.
- "Album review: Miranda Cosgrove, "High Maintenance"". The Washington Post. 2011-03-15.