High Mountain Rangers
|High Mountain Rangers|
David J. Kinghorn
|Country of origin||USA|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||12 (list of episodes)|
A. Shane Company with Sibling Rivalries|
Black Sheep Productions
|Original release||2 January – 9 April 1988|
It starred Robert Conrad as Jesse Hawkes and also starred his two sons, Christian Conrad and Shane Conrad. Robert's daughter Joan was the executive producer. 12 episodes were broadcast, from January 2, 1988 until April 9, 1988 on CBS, before the show was cancelled. The series also had a spin-off titled Jesse Hawkes.
The series was centered on Jesse Hawkes, an ex-Marine who started the High Mountain Rangers 35 years before the pilot. He retired after hauling his long-time nemesis, murderous criminal mastermind T.J. Cousins, to justice. Spared the death penalty on a legal technicality, Cousins instead was given life imprisonment without eligibility for parole. Meanwhile, Jesse's eldest son Matt tries out for the HMRs and eventually becomes the team's #2 Ranger...after Merlin, who has succeeded Jesse as director. Then Cousins gets broken out of jail by his hoods, and fatally ambushes Merlin. Now, as the team's third director, Matt urges his father out of retirement to help the Rangers recapture Cousins.
Each ranger had a CALL SIGN ( ie FLYING TIGER ) this was used when the rangers were in the field.
- Robert Conrad as Jesse Hawkes
- Christian Conrad as Matt "Flying Tiger" Hawkes
- Shane Conrad as Cody Hawkes
- Russell Todd as Jim "Flash" Cutler
- Pa Neumüller (billed as P.A. Christian) as Robin "Frostbite" Kelly
- Timothy Erwin as Izzy "the Pocatello Kid" Flowers
- Eugene Williams as Tim "Black Magic" Hart
- Tony Acierto as Frank "White Eagle" Avila
- Tim Brooks; Earle F. Marsh (24 June 2009). The Complete Directory to Prime Time Network and Cable TV Shows, 1946-Present. Random House Publishing Group. p. 611. ISBN 978-0-307-48320-1.