High Point High School
|High Point High School|
|3601 Powder Mill Road
Beltsville, Maryland 20705
|Type||Public high school|
|School district||Prince George's County Public Schools|
|Teaching staff||115.70 (FTE)|
|Student to teacher ratio||18.69|
|Color(s)||Blue and Gold|
The school, serving children in grades 9 through 12, is part of the Prince George's County Public Schools district system.
High Point students come from middle schools throughout Prince George's County. They hail predominately from Buck Lodge Middle School and Martin Luther King Jr. Middle School, both in unincorporated Prince George's County. Originally, the students were bussed as well from Beltsville Junior High school which is now known as Beltsville Elementary School.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (September 2013)|
Opened in 1954, High Point High School was originally going to be named Cherry Hill High School. However, school officials eventually settled on the name "High Point High School" because of the school's location on the highest point in Beltsville, Maryland.
The demographic breakdown of the 2,162 students enrolled for the 2012-2013 school year was:
- Male - 53.4%
- Female - 46.6%
- Native American/Alaskan - 0.2%
- Asian/Pacific islanders - 4.9%
- Black - 36.0%
- Hispanic - 55.3%
- White - 2.9%
- Multiracial - 0.7%
in addition, 71.7% of the students qualified for free or reduced lunch. 
- Frank Cho (1990), comic book writer and illustrator
- A. Jamie Cuticchia, scientist
- Raheem DeVaughn, musician
- Fred Funk, former coach of University of Maryland golf team and PGA tour player
- Kevin Jordan, NFL player
- Brian Reid (1966), internet innovator
- Elijah Joy, TV personality
- Doug Spearman, actor
- Paula Vogel (1969), playwright
- "Search for Public Schools - School Detail for High Point High". ed.gov. Retrieved 27 August 2015.
- Hodges, Jim (November 8, 1994). "Clearly, He's K.J., Not J.J.". Los Angeles Times. Archived from the original on November 19, 2015.
- "Brian Keith Reid, PhD". anglican.org. Retrieved 27 August 2015.