High School Musical: The Concert
|Tour by High School Musical Cast|
|Associated album||High School Musical|
|Start date||November 29, 2006|
|End date||May 30, 2007|
|No. of shows||42 in North America|
10 in Latin America
|Box office||US$33.3 million|
High School Musical: The Concert was a concert tour performed by members of the cast of the popular television films series, High School Musical, sponsored by AEG Live and presented by Buena Vista Concerts. The concert toured cities in the United States, Canada and Latin America.
High School Musical: The Concert expanded the Disney Channel franchise that had previously produced a triple-platinum selling soundtrack and had planned a movie sequel. (Disney already scored a success with another concert based on a TV musical, The Cheetah Girls, which had a sold-out tour in 88 cities.)
The concert, which featured songs from the film, also included cast members Lucas Grabeel, Corbin Bleu, Ashley Tisdale, Monique Coleman and Vanessa Hudgens. Zac Efron was the only original cast member absent from the tour due to his previous engagement to the filming of the 2007 film adaptation of the Broadway musical Hairspray. Instead, Drew Seeley, Efron's singing voice in the first film and co-writer of "Get'cha Head in the Game", joined the tour in Efron's place. Jordan Pruitt joined the tour as the opening act.
The films' original cast members Lucas Grabeel, Corbin Bleu, Ashley Tisdale, Monique Coleman and Vanessa Hudgens took part in the tour, except for Zac Efron, who had previous engagement filming Hairspray, making him unavailable to join the tour. Taking Efron's place was Drew Seeley, who was Efron's singing voice in the first film.
- Jordan Pruitt (North America)
|November 29, 2006||San Diego||United States||iPayOne Center||9,736 / 9,803||$525,518|
|December 1, 2006||San Jose||HP Pavilion||12,408 / 13,103||$647,409|
|December 3, 2006||Glendale||Jobing.com Arena||11,328 / 12,325||$604,891|
|December 5, 2006||Sacramento||ARCO Arena||8,407 / 10,225||$448,163|
|December 6, 2006||Stockton||Stockton Arena||7,711 / 9,054||$414,484|
|December 8, 2006||Bakersfield||Rabobank Arena||7,428 / 7,829||$403,528|
|December 10, 2006||Portland||Rose Garden||7,880 / 13,195||$423,779|
|December 11, 2006||Seattle||KeyArena||8,116 / 11,534||$432,505|
|December 16, 2006||Bossier City||CenturyTel Center||6,149 / 9,007||$332,158|
|December 17, 2006||Dallas||American Airlines Center||12,590 / 14,012||$657,699|
|December 18, 2006||Houston||Toyota Center||12,416 / 12,811||$638,822|
|December 20, 2006||Tampa||St. Pete Times Forum||13,091 / 14,190||$677,327|
|December 21, 2006||Orlando||Amway Arena||10,802 / 11,516||$575,982|
|December 22, 2006||Columbia||Colonial Center||9,149 / 12,096||$477,117|
|December 23, 2006||Charlotte||Charlotte Bobcats Arena||10,937 / 11,101||$560,025|
|December 27, 2006||Greensboro||Greensboro Coliseum||10,532 / 14,595||$545,802|
|December 28, 2006||Washington, D.C.||Verizon Center||14,278 / 14,546||$731,209|
|December 29, 2006||Uniondale||Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum||26,258 / 26,993||$1,444,431|
|December 30, 2006||Manchester||Verizon Wireless Arena||8,956 / 9,283||$502,429|
|December 31, 2006||Uniondale||Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum||[a]||[a]|
|January 2, 2007||Toronto||Canada||Air Canada Centre||15,041 / 15,841||$701,317|
|January 3, 2007||Rochester||United States||Blue Cross Arena||10,507 / 10,863||$548,724|
|January 4, 2007||Hartford||Hartford Civic Center||12,673 / 12,824||$663,195|
|January 6, 2007||Pittsburgh||Mellon Arena||12,570 / 13,100||$616,083|
|January 7, 2007||Albany||Times Union Center||12,028 / 12,301||$622,798|
|January 8, 2007||East Rutherford||Continental Airlines Arena||15,660 / 15,723||$865,997|
|January 9, 2007||Worcester||DCU Center||10,738 / 11,016||$569,467|
|January 11, 2007||Philadelphia||Wachovia Spectrum||12,545 / 13,210||$653,193|
|January 12, 2007||Charlottesville||John Paul Jones Arena||10,053 / 12,162||$527,621|
|January 13, 2007||Cincinnati||U.S. Bank Arena||11,445 / 11,633||$614,895|
|January 14, 2007||Cleveland||Wolstein Center||10,350 / 10,569||$564,911|
|January 16, 2007||Auburn Hills||The Palace of Auburn Hills||15,043 / 15,385||$775,157|
|January 17, 2007||Indianapolis||Conseco Fieldhouse||11,590 / 13,159||$600,484|
|January 18, 2007||Columbus||Schottenstein Center||13,286 / 13,649||$683,026|
|January 19, 2007||Rosemont||Allstate Arena||13,442 / 13,442||$696,237|
|January 21, 2007||Milwaukee||Bradley Center||13,997 / 14,499||$706,182|
|January 22, 2007||St. Louis||Scottrade Center||15,206 / 15,487||$772,296|
|January 23, 2007||Kansas City||Kemper Arena||13,768 / 14,039||$711,456|
|January 26, 2007||Anaheim||Honda Center||12,019 / 12,367||$651,591|
|January 27, 2007||Fresno||Selland Arena||6,776 / 7,414||$395,140|
|January 28, 2007||Las Vegas||Thomas & Mack Center||12,374 / 12,374||$637,669|
|January 29, 2007||Los Angeles||Staples Center||13,804 / 13,910||$717,482|
|May 15, 2007||Buenos Aires||Argentina||River Plate Stadium||N/A||N/A|
|May 16, 2007|
|May 18, 2007||Santiago||Chile||Estadio Nacional||16,570 / 25,000||$891,140|
|May 20, 2007||São Paulo||Brazil||Estádio do Morumbi||37,406 / 41,205||$2,186,358|
|May 22, 2007||Caracas||Venezuela||Estadio Universitario de Caracas||8,918 / 14,809||$507,376|
|May 24, 2007||Monterrey||Mexico||Auditorio Coca-Cola||16,192 / 18,396||$1,287,564|
|May 25, 2007|
|May 27, 2007||Mexico City||Foro Sol||35,139 / 51,215||$1,981,077|
|May 29, 2007||Guadalajara||Arena VFG||19,120 / 19,440||$1,081,651|
|May 30, 2007|
- The concert typically ran two and a half hours (150 minutes) including the opening act and intermission.
- The concert CD/DVD came from a performance in Houston, Texas on December 18, 2006 at the Toyota Center. On May 1, 2007, it was released by Walt Disney Records on both CD and DVD together.
- Kenny Ortega, the movie's director and choreographer, became the show's touring producer, creative director and director. On the night of the last concert, as seen on YouTube, the cast introduced him before singing one last chorus of "We're All in This Together".
- The live version of "Start of Something New" recorded at the Houston concert appeared in the Radio Disney Jams Vol. 9 CD
- In Mexico the release took place on April 30, 2007. In the US the release happened on May 1, 2007.
- The concert DVD features Jordan Pruitt.
- The cast toured four countries in South America: Argentina, Chile, Brazil and Venezuela
- Vanessa Hudgens had a cold on the tour, resulting in her sounding flat and off-key in some sections of the concert album and DVD
- On May 26, 2007, Disney Channel Latin America showed the concert made in Buenos Aires in Argentina. This performance aired none of Ashley Tisdale's songs, and Vanessa Hudgens only sang "Come Back To Me".
- On June 9, 2007, Canal 13 showed the concert performed in Santiago, Chile, airing all the solo performances.
- On June 10, 2007 the concert filmed in Mexico City, Mexico aired on Disney Channel Latin America.
- Each of the singers had two microphones during the performances: a headset microphone with a flesh-colored pad on the tip, and a hand-held microphone.
- "Dance with Me" (from Cheetah Girls 2, also directed by Kenny Ortega with choreography by Ortega and Charles Klapow) included an extended guitar solo which allowed Monique Coleman to feature in an extended tango number with both backup dancer Jared Murillo and Seeley. Murillo also choreographed "Dance with Me".
- While the CD and DVD were recorded by Disney at the same show, the two different formats feature slightly different edits, for example when Lucas thanks the cast and crew at the end of "We're All in This Together", he says: "Houston you have been awesome" and thanks the band on the CD version whilst the DVD version skips straight into thanking the cast and dancers. He thanks Jordan Pruitt in real life, but on both the CD/DVD combo and the Extreme All-Access Pass DVD, he never does.
- Erin Lareau designed the costumes for the concert tour.
Broadcasts and recordings
|High School Musical: The Concert|
|Live album by High School Musical|
|Released||June 26, 2007 (United States)|
|Recorded||December 18, 2006|
- CD (CD / DVD released on May 1, 2007)
- Disc 1 [CD]
- Start of Something New – Drew & Vanessa ft. Ashley, Lucas, Corbin, and Monique
- Stick to the Status Quo – Ashley, Lucas, & Cast
- I Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You – Drew, Vanessa, Ashley, & Lucas ft Corbin and Monique
- When There Was Me And You – Vanessa
- Get'cha Head In The Game – Drew, Corbin, and Male Dancers
- What I've Been Looking For- Drew & Vanessa
- What I've Been Looking For (Reprise) – Ashley & Lucas
- Bop To The Top – Ashley & Lucas
- Breaking Free – Drew & Vanessa
- We're All in This Together – Drew, Vanessa, Ashley, Lucas, Monique, Corbin & cast (Encore)
|11.||"Push It To The Limit"||Corbin Bleu||3:29|
|12.||"Say OK"||Vanessa Hudgens||3:32|
|13.||"Dance With Me"||Drew Seeley||3:58|
|14.||"We'll Be Together"||Ashley Tisdale||3:46|
- Disc 2 [DVD]
- Five performances of High School Musical hits (Start of Something New, Get'cha Head In The Game, Bop To The Top, Breaking Free, We're All in This Together)
- Exclusive cast interviews (Concert Highlights DVD)
- Preview for High School Musical : The Concert Extreme Access Pass
- DVD (DVD released on June 26, 2007)
- The Start Of Something New – Drew, Vanessa, Ashley, Lucas, Monique & Corbin
- Stick To The Status Quo – Drew, Vanessa, Ashley, Lucas & Cast
- I Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You – Drew, Vanessa, Ashley, Lucas, Monique & Corbin
- When There Was Me And You – Vanessa
- We'll Be Together – Ashley
- Get'cha Head In The Game – Drew & Corbin with backup dancers
- Push It To the Limit – Corbin Bleu
- Marchin – Corbin
- What I've Been Looking For (Version A) – Drew & Vanessa
- What I've Been Looking For (Version B) – Ashley & Lucas
- Say OK – Vanessa
- Bop To The Top – Ashley & Lucas
- Breakin' Free – Drew & Vanessa
- We're All in This Together – Drew, Vanessa, Ashley, Lucas, Monique, Corbin & Cast (Encore)
- Jordan Pruitt's show-opening act ("Jump to the Rhythm", "Teenager", "Outside Looking In", "Miss Popularity")
- High School Musical: On the Road
- U Direct (Start of Something New, Get'cha Head In The Game, Bop To The Top, Breaking Free, We're All in This Together)
- High School Musical 2 Trailer
- High School Musical
- High School Musical 2
- High School Musical 3: Senior Year
- High School Musical: El desafio (Argentina)
- The score data is representative of the show in Uniondale, New York at Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum on December 31 respectively.
- Box score:
- "Billboard Boxscore – Concert Grosses". Billboard. 119 (24): 14. 16 June 2007. ISSN 0006-2510. Retrieved May 23, 2014.
- "Release of CD". Amazon.com. Retrieved June 2, 2018.
- Mixup Music Store Archived 2007-05-19 at the Wayback Machine.
- High School Musical: The Concert - Extreme Access Pass (DVD)