High School for Writing and Communication Arts
|Bronx High School for Writing and Communication Arts|
|800 E. Gun Hill Rd.
New York, New York 10467
|School type||Public high school|
|School board||NYC DoE|
Bronx High School for Writing and Communication Arts is a public high school located in the New York City borough of The Bronx. The school is collocated with five other specialized high schools on the Evander Childs Educational Campus.
The school opened with a 9th-grade class in fall 2004 under Principal Steven Chernigoff. A grade level was added each year until 9th through 12th grades were offered in 2007.
According to the NYC Department of Education, as of March 2011, the school had a total enrollment of 417 students, of which 60% were girls and 40% were boys. 6.47% of the students were English-language learners.
Partly due to the small size of the school, it only offers a minimal number of classes.
- Mathematics: Algebra, Math A, Math B
- Science: Living Environment, Earth Science, Chemistry
- History: U.S History,Global History, Economics
- Foreign Language: Spanish (The choice is not optional)
- English: English 1–8, Journalism, English workshops
- Physical Education and Health
The school maintains a partnership with Epic Theater Center, a New York City-based theatrical company that also produces education programs.
- "Bronx High School for Writing and Communication Arts: Statistics & Budget". NYC Department of Education. Retrieved 2011-04-16.
- "Bronx HS for Writing & Communication Arts". InsideSchools.org. Retrieved 2011-04-16.
- Smith, Carry (21 October 2014). "Write My Essay". Department of Education. Retrieved 13 April 2015.
|This Bronx school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|