High Sheriff of North Yorkshire
The High Sheriff of North Yorkshire is a current High Sheriff title which has existed since 1974. For around 1,000 years the entire area of Yorkshire was covered by a single High Sheriff of Yorkshire. After the Local Government Act 1972 the title was split to cover several newly created counties, including North Yorkshire.
Below is a list of the sheriffs.
List of High Sheriffs
- Omerod, W.M. (2000). The Lord Lieutenants & High Sheriffs of Yorkshire 1066-2000. Department of History of the University of York. ISBN 1-871647-74-6.
- The Rotunda Museum: Trustees
- The High Sheriff of North Yorkshire - Home
- "North Yorkshire 2013/2014". The High Sheriffs Association of England and Wales. Retrieved 15 June 2013.
- The London Gazette: . 14 March 2013. Retrieved 15 June 2013.
- "North Yorkshire 2014/2015". The High Sheriffs Association of England and Wales. Retrieved 14 August 2014.