|Department for Education URN||136858 Tables|
|Headteacher||G Burke (previously Sheena Moynihan)|
|Age||11 to 18|
|Colour(s)||Red & Black & White|
Highcrest Academy, formerly known as Highcrest Community School and before that as Hatters Lane School, is situated on Hatters Lane Hill in High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire. It is currently led by the Headteacher Mr G Burke after Miss Sheena Moynihan turned the school around from being on the edge of closure. In November 2010 it was judged to be an 'outstanding' school by Ofsted. In July 2011 the school became an Academy and was renamed to reflect its new status.
Highcrest Community School is one of several Buckinghamshire schools which host mobile phone masts. Contracts between Buckinghamshire County Council and various mobile phone operators generate an income of £145,000 per annum, of which about £59,000 comes from contracts for masts that are installed in schools.
There are a total of 910 pupils at Highcrest Community School that is:
150 in year 7;
190 in year 8;
150 in year 9;
120 in year 10;
100 in year 11;
100 in year 12.
and, 100 in year 13
There are 85 members of staff at Highcrest.
55 of these teachers and 35 members of the support staff.
- "URN 136858 Highcrest Academy". Edubase/DfE. Retrieved 25 August 2016.
- "Open academies map and schools submitting applications". Department for Education. Archived from the original on January 18, 2012. Retrieved 22 July 2011.
- "Schools Directory". Buckinghamshire County Council. Archived from the original on 2007-09-27. Retrieved 2006-09-07.
- "Specialist Schools Home". DfES. July 2006. Archived from the original on 2006-08-03. Retrieved 2006-07-28.
- "Questions and Answers for County Council Meeting" (PDF). Buckinghamshire County Council. 22 January 2004. Retrieved 2007-04-16.[dead link]
- "Is there a mast near you?". News of the World. Archived from the original on 2006-12-05. Retrieved 2007-04-16.
|This Buckinghamshire school or sixth form college related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|