Highland Avenue (Atlanta)
- Highland Avenue begins at Central Park Place NE in the Old Fourth Ward and proceeds eastward past the Atlanta Medical Center and crossing Freedom Parkway a first time.
- It crosses the BeltLine where it becomes North Highland Avenue NE and forms the main retail and entertainment street of Inman Park.
- North Highland Avenue then bends north and crosses Freedom Parkway again, entering the Poncey-Highland neighborhood which takes part of its name from the avenue.
- It then crosses Ponce de Leon Avenue, entering Virginia-Highland, the second neighborhood to take part of its name from the avenue.
- Crossing Amsterdam Ave., North Highland Ave. enters Morningside/Lenox Park, then ends at the intersection with Johnson Road.
The North Highland corridor connects multiple small business districts within each neighborhood in Morningside, Virginia-Highland, Poncey Highland, Inman Park and the Old Fourth Ward. Local businesses market the corridor as the "Highland Corridor".
North Highland Avenue is the focus of a traffic and pedestrian study by the City of Atlanta.
- "Map of Highland Ave., Atlanta, Georgia". OSM.org. Open Street Map. Retrieved June 1, 2018.
- "Local Businesses Publish Highland Corridor Map". Virginia-Highland Voice. December 3, 2012 – via vahi.org.
- "Highland Corridor map" (PDF). Virginia-Highland Voice – via vahi.org.
- "The Route: October 6, 2013 • 2-6PM Highland/Monroe-Boulevard/Virginia". AtlantaStreetsAlive.com. Atlanta Streets Alive. October 6, 2013. Archived from the original on November 4, 2013.
- "North Highland Avenue Study". atlantaga.gov. Bureau of Planning, Department of Planning, Development and Neighborhood Conservation, City of Atlanta. December 1999. Retrieved June 1, 2018.
- "North Highland Avenue at the BeltLine", photos of transformation
- "Flashback Fotos: Journey Down Highland Avenue", Atlanta Journal-Constitution site - online gallery of historic photos of North Highland Avenue
|This U.S. state of Georgia road or road transport-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|