Highland Capital Management
|Headquarters||Dallas, Texas, United States|
|Products||Leveraged buyout, Growth capital|
|Total assets||$18.7 billion|
Number of employees
Highland Capital Management is an alternative investment management firm that manages hedge funds, structured investment and distressed investment funds. The firm invests in global public equity, fixed income and hedging markets with a focus on leveraged loans, high yield bonds, and structured products.
The firm, based in Dallas, Texas, was founded in 1993. The firm operates offices in New York City, London, and Singapore. The firm reported approximately $18.7 billion of assets under management in 2014.
Highland manages the Highland Credit Strategy Fund (NYSE: HCF) and Highland Distressed Opportunities (NYSE: HCD) among other closed-end funds. On February 4, 2010, the firm announced the completion of its CLO Value Fund I.
- Highland Capital Management, L.P. Completes CLO Value Fund I. February 4, 2010
- Highland Capital Management, L.P. Announces Changes to Portfolio Management Teams of Highland Credit Strategies Fund and Highland Distressed Opportunities, Inc.. January 2, 2009
- Highland Capital Management, L.P. Responds to Erroneous News Reports Concerning Fund Performance. August 2, 2007
- Highland Shuts Funds Amid `Unprecedented' Disruption. Bloomberg, October 16, 2008
- Hedge Fund Offers Plan to Reorganize Delphi. Reuters, December 22, 2006
- Europe: Capital Management Unit Sold. New York Times, April 6, 2005
- Bridge Information Files for Bankruptcy. New York Times, February 16, 2001
- Highland Capital Management About
- Highland Capital Management (company website)
|This article about a financial services corporation of the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|