Highland Park Independent School District (Potter County, Texas)
|Highland Park Independent School District (Potter County, Texas)|
|15300 Amarillo Blvd. East |
Amarillo, TX 79108
ESC Region 16
|Grades||Pre-K through 12|
|Students and staff|
|Student-teacher ratio||12.72 |
|Athletic conference||UIL Class AA|
|Colors||green, white, and gold|
|Website||Highland Park ISD|
The district covers all of eastern Potter County, including those portions of Amarillo generally east of Whitaker Road (this includes all of the land surrounding Rick Husband Amarillo International Airport and the east campus of Amarillo College including a former military housing community called Highland Park Village from which the district got its name). The district operated as a K-9 school for several years, but did not become an independent district until 1979 and did not expand to K-12 until the 1985-1986 school year.
- Highland Park High (Grades 9-12)
- Highland Park High was the 2002-2003 boys basketball Class AA state runner-up.
- Highland Park Middle (Grades 6-8)
- Highland Park Elementary (Grades PK-5)
All three schools, along with the athletic fields and administration office, are located on one campus.
- "Welcome to Highland Park ISD". Highland Park ISD. Archived from the original on 25 June 2013. Retrieved 11 June 2013.
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Highland Park ISD". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved 11 June 2013.
- "Search for Public School Districts - District Detail for Highland Park Isd". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved 11 June 2013.
- "2009 Accountability Rating System". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 2015-10-25.