Highland Springs High School
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Highland Springs High School|
|15 South Oak Avenue
Highland Springs, Virginia 23075
|School type||Public, high school|
|School district||Henrico County Public Schools|
|Color(s)||black, gold, and white|
|Athletics conference||Virginia High School League
AAA Central Region
AAA Capital District
|Mascot||Hugo the Highlander|
|Rival||Varina High School
Henrico High School
The renovation process started in 2006 and was completed in August 2008. The renovation was stated to be mainly for the purpose of building modernization. Under the renovations, the windows, floors, walls, electrical system, and heating and air systems were replaced, and a new wing was for the English department. The main office was also renovated, and was moved to the front of the building. A new surveillance system was added to address safety concerns. The guidance department was renovated and relocated to the main hallway where the main office used to be.
Eric Martin incident
HSHS received national attention following a 2014 gay bashing incident in which a student was charged with two counts of assault after a beating which left him in the hospital for nine consecutive days.
- Ron Burton- former Linebacker for the Dallas Cowboys, Phoenix Cardinals, Los Angeles Raiders and the North Carolina Tar Heels, currently the Defensive Line Coach for Michigan State Spartans football
- Ed Perry-Former Tight End & Long Snapper for Miami Dolphins & Kansas City Chiefs.
- Victor Harris- Defensive back for the Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Marcus Burley- Cornerback for the Cleveland Browns 
- Thomas Haskins- Former Running Back for the Montreal Alouettes & Edmonton Eskimos.
- Ricky Stokes - Former men's basketball coach at Virginia Tech and East Carolina, currently associate commissioner of the Mid-American_Conference
- "Highland Springs High". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved 13 February 2016.
- Thomas, Chris (30 Sep 2014). "Henrico teen beaten at school, charged with assault". NBC12.
- "Department to Hold Ed Perry Football Camp for Children". Parks and Recreation. City of Richmond, Department of Parks and Recreation. 6 August 2010. Retrieved 12 January 2017.
- Hamilton, Jeff (7 January 2016). "Macho man". Blue Bomber Report. Winnipeg Free Press. Retrieved 12 January 2017.