Highland Township, Greene County, Indiana
Countryside in Highland Township
Location in Greene County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||32.69 sq mi (84.7 km2)|
|• Land||32.47 sq mi (84.1 km2)|
|• Water||0.22 sq mi (0.6 km2) 0.67%|
|Elevation||545 ft (166 m)|
|• Density||22.1/sq mi (8.5/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||0453411|
|Source: US Census Bureau|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 32.69 square miles (84.7 km2), of which 32.47 square miles (84.1 km2) (or 99.33%) is land and 0.22 square miles (0.57 km2) (or 0.67%) is water. The streams of Camp Creek, Clark Creek, Dead Horse Branch, Goose Creek, Jim Creek and Kelly Branch run through this township.
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Franklin Township, Owen County (north)
- Beech Creek Township (east)
- Richland Township (south)
- Fairplay Township (southwest)
- Jefferson Township (west)
The township contains nine cemeteries: Bucher, Calvertville, Goodwin, Kelley, Owens, Snyder, Stalcup, Wall and Walnut Grove.
- "Highland Township, Greene County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-24.
- United States Census Bureau cartographic boundary files
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
|This Greene County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|