|Area||5.20 km2 (2.01 sq mi)|
|Population||278 (parish, including Satwell) (2011 census)|
|• Density||53/km2 (140/sq mi)|
|OS grid reference||SU7084|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
Highmoor is a village and civil parish in the Chiltern Hills in Oxfordshire, about 4 miles (6.4 km) west of Henley-on-Thames. The parish includes the hamlet of Satwell. The Grade II Listed Church of England parish church of Saint Paul at Highmoor Cross was designed by the architect Joseph Morris of Reading and built by Robert Owthwaite of Henley-on-Thames in 1859 as a chapel of ease by the vicar of Rotherfield Peppard to cater for the wider rural population of the parish. Highmoor later became a separate parish but the church was closed by a pastoral order in June 2012 as a result of a dwindling congregation. The church was then put up for sale by the Diocese of Oxford.
Highmoor has two public houses: the Dog and Duck near Highmoor Cross and the Rising Sun at Witheridge Hill. Both are owned by the local Brakspear Brewery. The Dog and Duck closed in December 2011 and the freehold was subsequently put on the market in March 2012 when the brewery was unable to find a new tenant. The pub remains closed as of April 2015. Chris Hollins, an English journalist, presenter and sportsman, lives in Highmoor.
- ^ "Area: Highmoor (Parish)". Neighbourhood Statistics. Office for National Statistics. Retrieved 6 April 2015.
- ^ Sherwood, Jennifer; Pevsner, Nikolaus (1974). The Buildings of England: Oxfordshire. Harmondsworth: Penguin Books. p. 649. ISBN 0140710450.
- ^ Historic England. "Church of St Paul (Grade II) (1391558)". National Heritage List for England. Retrieved 14 March 2015.
- ^ "St Paul's Church, Highmoor Cross". Smiths Gore. Archived from the original on 2 April 2015. Retrieved 14 March 2015.
- ^ "Dog & Duck". Brakspear Brewery. Retrieved 6 April 2015.
- ^ "Rising Sun". Brakspear Brewery. Retrieved 6 April 2015.
- ^ "'Unviable' country pub put on market for £495,000". Henley Standard. Henley-on-Thames. 26 March 2012. Archived from the original on 12 April 2015. Retrieved 6 April 2015.
Media related to Highmoor, Oxfordshire at Wikimedia Commons