Highwinds Network Group
|Headquarters||807 W. Morse Blvd.
Orlando, Florida 32789
(Founder and CEO)
Highwinds Network Group, Inc. (Highwinds) is a company that was founded in 2002 and offers IP services including CDN, cloud storage, IP transit, transport and colocation. The company headquarters are located in Winter Park, Florida, U.S.A.. Highwinds maintains Network Operations Centers (NOCs) in Winter Park, FL, Phoenix, AZ, and Amsterdam, Netherlands as well as offices in Costa Mesa, CA, São Paulo, Brazil and London, England. The Highwinds network, called RollingThunder, consists of more than 70 points of presence throughout North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Highwinds provides video streaming services to media companies including Blip.TV and Hudl, delivers online games for publishers such as Valve Corporation and CCP Games and distributes advertising assets for leading platforms including Facebook's LiveRail.
On March 11, 2008 Highwinds announced it had closed a $55 million round of equity financing led by General Catalyst Partners and Alta Communications. The funds will be used to expand the Highwinds CDN and RollingThunder network.
On May 4, 2011 Highwinds announced that it had secured a $50 million credit facility with Silicon Valley Bank and Comerica Bank. According to the press release from the company, the new credit facility allowed Highwinds to achieve a more attractive all-in cost of capital and was evidence of the company's impressive financial profile.
On August 8, 2013 Highwinds announced that it had secured $205 million in new financing. The transaction was led by Cerberus Business Finance, LLC and Goldman Sachs BDC, Inc., an investment fund managed by Goldman Sachs Asset Management, L.P., with participation from the company’s existing equity sponsor, General Catalyst Partners, and the company’s management team. The funding positioned Highwinds for massive growth of its global CDN.
- Highwinds Unveils Strong Presence in Brazil
- Highwinds CDN
- Blip Turned to Provider Highwinds to Determine Most Efficient CDN Options
- Highwinds Streams Professional and Collegiate Sports Video to Hudl Users
- Valve Leverages Highwinds CDN for Steam Platform
- CCP Games Taps the Power of Highwinds Game Delivery Network for Eve Online
- LiveRail Selects Highwinds for CDN
- Highwinds Raises $55 Million
- General Catalyst Tech-Enables Services Portfolio
- Alta Communications Digital Media Portfolio
- Highwinds Capital Closes New $50 Million Credit Facility
- Content Delivery Network Highwinds Raises $205 Million In Debt From Cerberus, Goldman Sachs, And General Catalyst