|• Mayor||Naheed Nenshi|
|• Administrative body||Calgary City Council|
|• Councillor||Druh Farrell|
|• Total||0.9 km2 (0.3 sq mi)|
|Elevation||1,110 m (3,640 ft)|
|• Average Income||$57,663|
|Website||Highwood Community Association|
Highwood is a residential neighbourhood in the northwest quadrant of Calgary, Alberta. it is bounded to the north by McKnight Boulevard, to the east by 4 Street W, to the south by 40 Avenue N and to the west by John Laurie Boulevard. Nose Hill Park is located west of the community.
In the City of Calgary's 2012 municipal census, Highwood had a population of 2,214 living in 993 dwellings, a 5.5% increase from its 2011 population of 2,098. With a land area of 0.9 km2 (0.35 sq mi), it had a population density of 2,460/km2 (6,400/sq mi) in 2012.
Residents in this community had a median household income of $57,663 in 2000, and there were 7.3% low income residents living in the neighbourhood. As of 2000, 15.2% of the residents were immigrants. A proportion of 20.3% of the buildings were condominiums or apartments, and 30.1% of the housing was used for renting.
- "Calgary Elections". City of Calgary. 2017. Retrieved November 12, 2017.
- City of Calgary (2006). "Highwood Community Statistics" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2008-04-11. Retrieved 2007-05-16.
- "2012 Civic Census Results" (PDF). City of Calgary. 2012. Retrieved February 4, 2013.
- "Community Boundaries" (Esri shapefile). City of Calgary. Retrieved February 5, 2013.
- City of Calgary (2004). "Ward 4 Profile" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2008-04-11. Retrieved 2007-05-16.
- "View School Profile". www.cbe.ab.ca. Retrieved 2019-12-10.
|This Calgary-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|