|• Urban||109.8 km2 (42.4 sq mi)|
|• Density||0/km2 (0/sq mi)|
|• Urban density||7.38/km2 (19.1/sq mi)|
|statistics from 1963|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
The main islands of Hitis are Rosala and Hitis. They are connected to the mainland by a ferry. Totally there are over 2 000 islands and islets in Hitis, and some of them are still inhabited permanently. There are many summer cottages in Hitis.
Hitis was a trade harbour during the viking era. Administratively it was part of Kimito until the municipality was established in 1861. During the World War II there were battles of Bengtskär and Morgonlandet in the area of Hitis. The municipality was merged to Dragsfjärd in 1969.
- "Population density by area 1.1.2016". Statistics Finland. Retrieved 12 February 2017.
- "Ennakkoväkiluku sukupuolen mukaan alueittain, elokuu 2017" (in Finnish). Statistics Finland. Retrieved 18 October 2017.
- Statistics of Hitis (in Finnish)
- "Population according to language and the number of foreigners and land area km2 by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 29 March 2009.
- "List of municipal and parish tax rates in 2011". Tax Administration of Finland. 29 November 2010. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
- "Population according to age and gender by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 28 April 2009.