El Hijo del Fantasma
|El Hijo del Fantasma|
April 30, 1984 |
|Professional wrestling career|
|Ring name(s)||El Hijo del Fantasma
|Billed height||1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|Billed weight||90 kg (200 lb)|
|Billed from||The Highlands of Guerrero, Mexico (as King Cuerno)|
|Trained by||El Hijo del Gladiador
El Hijo del Fantasma (Spanish for Son of the Ghost), also working under the ring name King Cuerno, is a Mexican professional wrestler active as a rudo in Asistencia Asesoría y Administración (AAA). His father is luchador El Fantasma. Hijo del Fantasma's real name is not a matter of public record, as is often the case with masked wrestlers in Mexico where their private lives are kept a secret from the wrestling fans.
Professional wrestling career
Consejo Mundial de Lucha Libre (2008–2013)
Was brought to Consejo Mundial de Lucha Libre (CMLL) in 2008, after he left International Wrestling Revolution Group in 2004. During his CMLL time, he had won the CMLL World Trios Championship with Héctor Garza and La Mascara two times. On the first occasion, it was a tournament for the CMLL World Trios Title because the titles were vacated. Despite never having teamed previously, Héctor Garza led young tecnicos La Mascara and Hijo del Fantasma through the championship tournament, climaxing with an upset win over Blue Panther, Dos Caras, Jr., and Garza's then tag team championship partner Místico. It was a rare tecnico/tecnico final, seemingly setting up issues between Garza and Mistico and Garza's new role as a leader of a group of high flyers. On August 5, 2008, they lost their titles Último Guerrero, Negro Casas, and Atlantis. They certainly did have a rematch where Héctor Garza, La Mascara, and Hijo del Fantasma regain their title on January 18, 2009. On July 21, 2009, Hijo del Fantasma defeated Averno to win the CMLL World Middleweight Championship. After the match, Averno showed respect to Fantasma by congratutating him and celebrating the victory. On February 14, 2010 after only one successful title defense since July Hijo del Fantasma lost the Middleweight title to Negro Casas.
In March, 2010 signs of dissention amongst the Trios champions began showing as Garza walked out on the team during a trios match mistakenly thinking that one of his team mates had attacked him. Following the walk out Garza kept insincerely insisting that he was still a tecnico and that his team was getting along great. Further doubts about Garza's allegiance arose when he teamed up with the Rúdo Pólvora to win the 2010 Gran Alternativa tournament. When Garza, La Máscara and Hijo del Fantasma were booked for a CMLL World Trios defense the following week Garza complained that his partners agreed to the match without asking him, but swore that he would still be professional about it. During the title defense on the May 7, 2010 Super Viernes Garza attacked both Hijo del Fantasma and La Máscara, allowing La Ola Amarilla (Hiroshi Tanahashi, Okumura and Taichi) to win the CMLL World Trios Championship, turning full blown rudo in the process. On October 28, 2012 Hijo del Fantasma unsuccessfully challenged Dragón Rojo, Jr. for the NWA World Historic Middleweight Championship, the highest profile match Hijo del Fantasma competed so far in 2012. El Hijo del Fantasma was teamed up with rudo El Felino for the 2013 Torneo Nacional de Parejas Increibles ("National Incredible Pairs Tournament"), a tag team tournament teaming rudos with technicos. The team lost to La Máscara and Averno in the first round despite Averno and La Máscara being long time rivals.
Asistencia Asesoría y Administración (2013–present)
On October 18, 2013, El Hijo del Fantasma made a surprise jump to Asistencia Asesoría y Administración (AAA), debuting at the Héroes Inmortales VII event as the newest member of El Consejo, a rudo stable made up of former CMLL wrestlers. In his debut, he made it to the finals of the Copa Antonio Peña, before losing to La Parka. On December 8 at Guerra de Titanes, Fantasma teamed with El Consejo stablemates Silver King and El Texano, Jr. to unsuccessfully challenge Los Psycho Circus (Monster Clown, Murder Clown and Psycho Clown) for the AAA World Trios Championship. On August 17, 2014, at Triplemanía XXII, El Hijo del Fantasma won a ten-way elimination match to unify the AAA Fusión and AAA Cruiserweight Championships, becoming the first AAA World Cruiserweight Champion. On September 20, 2015, Fantasma became the new leader of the La Sociedad stable. On March 19, 2017, Fantasma lost the World Cruiserweight Championship to Johnny Mundo.
Lucha Underground (2014–present)
In October 2014, Hijo del Fantasma began working for Lucha Underground under the ring name of King Cuerno. Cuerno started a feud with Drago. On January 21, 2015, Cuerno defeated Drago in a Last Man Standing match. On February 4, 2015, Cuerno attacked Johnny Mundo, initiating a feud between them. The rivalry was apparently concluded on the March 11, 2015 episode when Mundo and Cuerno wrestled in a Steel Cage match, which was won by Mundo. On November 14, Cuerno defeated Fénix to win the Gift of the Gods Championship. He lost the title back to Fénix in a ladder match on November 21. At Ultima Lucha Dos Cuerno was defeated by Mil Muertes in a Death Match.
Hijo del Fantasma is both a professional luchador, and a student at Universidad Anahuac, approaching his degree in International Relations. His birthday is April 30, 1984, according to his Twitter. He speaks fluent English.
- Finishing moves
- Signature moves
- Abdominal stretch
- Bow and arrow hold
- Rewind Rana (Reverse huracanrana) 
- Phantom Lariat (Fantasma runs down the entrance ramp, jumps over the ropes and executes a flying lariat)
- Surfboard while applying a dragon sleeper
- The Arrow from the Depths of Hell (Topé suicida, with theatrics)
- Superkick 
Championships and accomplishments
- Asistencia Asesoría y Administración
- Consejo Mundial de Lucha Libre
- Lucha Underground
- Pro Wrestling Illustrated
- Toryumon Mexico
- Other title
- AWC Middleweight Championship (1 time)
Luchas de Apuestas record
|Winner (wager)||Loser (wager)||Location||Event||Date||Notes|
|Hijo del Fantasma and El Gallo (masks)||Máscara Mágica and Malefico (hair)||Guadalajara, Jalisco||CMLL Live event||September 28, 2008|||
- "Hijo del Fantasma". The Internet Wrestling Database. Retrieved November 2, 2014.
- "Tecnicos - Hijo del Fantasma" (in Spanish). Fuego en el ring. Retrieved October 17, 2009.
- Madigan, Dan (2007). "Okay... what is Lucha Libre?". Mondo Lucha Libre: the bizarre and honorable world of wild Mexican wrestling. HarperColins Publisher. pp. 29–40. ISBN 978-0-06-085583-3.
- Ocampo, Ernesto (June 15, 2008). "Resultados Infierno en el Ring, En Vivo". SuperLuchas (in Spanish). Retrieved July 11, 2009.
- Ovaciones staff (January 21, 2009). "De nuevo, monarcas". Ovaciones (in Spanish). Mexico, D.F.: Editorial Ovaciones, S. A. de C.V. p. 18. Número 21474 Año LXII. Retrieved July 9, 2009.
- "Ahora es doble monarca" (in Spanish). Esto, OEM Online. July 22, 2009. Retrieved July 22, 2009.
- Ruiz Glez, Alex (February 15, 2010). "Negro Casas nuevo campeón Mundial Medio del CMLL". SuperLuchas (in Spanish). Retrieved February 16, 2010.
- Velazquez, Israel (April 10, 2010). "Resultados Arena Mexico 9 Mayo 2010 Mistico de tecnico gana como rudo". SuperLuchas (in Spanish). Retrieved April 12, 2010.
- Rivera, Manuel (May 1, 2010). "Resultados Arena México (30 abril 2010): ¡Pequeño Warrior destapa a Bracito de Oro! ¡Pólvora recibe la Gran Alternativa!". SuperLuchas (in Spanish). Retrieved May 1, 2010.
- Hernandez, Diego (May 6, 2010). "Garza desconcertado ante duelo de apuesta" (in Spanish). Record Mexico. Retrieved May 8, 2010.
- Velazquez, Israel (May 7, 2010). "Resultados Arena México (7 de mayo 2010): ¡Tanahashi, Taichi y Okumura, nuevos Campeones de Tríos CMLL!". SuperLuchas (in Spanish). Retrieved May 7, 2010.
- Glez, Alex Ruiz (October 31, 2012). "Dragón Rojo Jr. retiene el Campeonato Mundial Histórico NWA Peso Medio en Guadalajara". SuperLuchas (in Spanish). Retrieved October 31, 2012.
- "Volador y la Sombra a la Final del Torneo de Parejas Increíbles". MedioTiempo (in Spanish). March 2, 2013. Retrieved March 2, 2013.
- Salazar López, Alexis A. (March 1, 2013). "ATLANTIS y ÚLTIMO GUERRERO ¿Estaremos frente a un duelo candidato para conmemorar el 80 Aniversario del CMLL?". Estrellas del Ring (in Spanish). Retrieved March 2, 2013.
- Mexicool, Rey (October 18, 2013). "¡El nuevo integrante de El Consejo es… el Hijo del Fantasma¡ – @hijodelfantasma #HéroesInmortales". SuperLuchas (in Spanish). Retrieved October 19, 2013.
- Mexicool, Rey (October 18, 2013). "La Parka... ¡ganador de la Copa Antonio Peña 2013! – @Parka_AAA @hijodelfantasma #HéroesInmortales". SuperLuchas (in Spanish). Retrieved October 19, 2013.
- "Héroes Inmortales VII: Noche de Honor y Sorpresas". Asistencia Asesoría y Administración (in Spanish). October 19, 2013. Retrieved October 19, 2013.
- "La Nueva Sociedad Ataca en Guerra de Titanes". Asistencia Asesoría y Administración (in Spanish). December 9, 2013. Retrieved December 9, 2013.
- "Noche de Leyenda en Triplemanía XXII". Asistencia Asesoría y Administración (in Spanish). August 18, 2014. Retrieved August 18, 2014.
- "Hijo del Fantasma, primer Campeón Mundial Crucero AAA". Asistencia Asesoría y Administración (in Spanish). August 21, 2014. Retrieved August 21, 2014.
- Boutwell, Josh (September 28, 2015). "Viva la Raza: Lucha Weekly (9/27/15)". Wrestleview. Retrieved October 4, 2015.
- Rosales, Jorge (March 19, 2017). "Johnny Mundo se convirtió en tricampeón de AAA". MedioTiempo (in Spanish). Retrieved March 20, 2017.
- "Lucha Underground season 2 taping spoilers: what's Mil Muertes up to?". Wrestling Observer Newsletter. November 14, 2015. Retrieved November 15, 2015.
- "Lucha Underground season 2 taping spoilers: Prince Puma, Johnny Mundo, PJ Black". Wrestling Observer Newsletter. November 22, 2015. Retrieved November 22, 2015.
- "Conoce al 'Fantasma' de la Anahuac" (in Spanish). Universia Mexica. February 23, 2007. Retrieved June 3, 2015.
- Zellner, Kris (August 18, 2014). "Complete AAA Triplemania results and more: The Lucha Report". Pro Wrestling Insider. Retrieved August 18, 2014.
- Ruiz Glez, Alex. "Termina la votación para lo mejor del CMLL en el 2009 – Volador Jr. el más popular". SuperLuchas (in Spanish).
- "Pro Wrestling Illustrated (PWI) 500 for 2015". The Internet Wrestling Database. Retrieved October 5, 2015.