From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up Hijra or hijra in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Hijra or Hejira may refer to:
Arabic word for "migration"
- Hegira or Hijra of Muhammad, the migration of Muhammad and his followers from Mecca to Yathrib (later renamed by him to Medina) in 622 CE
- Migration to Abyssinia, or the First Hijra, the migration of 83 of Mohammed's first followers to the Kingdom of Aksum (formerly called Abyssinia) in 615 CE in order to flee from the persecution in Mecca
- Hejira (album), an album by Joni Mitchell
- "Hejira" (song), a song by Joni Mitchell
- Hijrah, a 2016 album by George Hirsch's solo project Harm Wülf
- Hijra (South Asia), one of the many terms in the culture of South Asia used to refer individuals who are transgender or transsexual
- Hijra, a work by the Malayalam poet Moyinkutty Vaidyar
- Hegira (disambiguation)
- Hijri year (Anno Hegirae, AH), any year in the Islamic calendar, reckoned from the Hijra
- Hijrat (film), an upcoming Pakistani film
- Hijara, a board game
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Hijra.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.