|This article does not cite any references or sources. (December 2009)|
(See other stations in Yamaguchi)
|Former name||Nijigahama Station|
|Present name since||1941|
|Line(s)||San'yō Main Line|
Hikari Station (光駅 Hikari Eki?) is operated by JR West on the Sanyō Main Line in Hikari, Yamaguchi. The station is located in the Nijigahama area of Hikari, on the northwest side of the city. Nijigahama Beach (虹ヶ浜 Nijigahama?) is located nearby.
- April 11, 1912: Station opens, named Nijigahama Station (虹ヶ浜駅)
- February 1, 1941: Station is renamed "Hikari Station"
- July 5, 1983: Present station building is constructed
- April 1, 1987: Station operation is taken over by JR West after privatization of Japanese National Railways
- April 2, 1994: Monument art in the station square is completed
The station has five tracks, with two tracks devoted to passenger use. The tracks are numbered 2-6, since track 1 was removed for handicap access construction. The station building connects directly to an island platform where track 2 is found. Track 3 also has been removed. Tracks 5 and 6 are served by the second island platform. The station building is located on the south side of the station, and the crossover connecting the two platforms is on the east side of the station.
|2||■ Sanyō Main Line||Tokuyama ・ Hōfu ・ Shin-Yamaguchi|
|4||■ Sanyō Main Line||(passing)|
|5||■ Sanyō Main Line||Yanai ・ Iwakuni ・ Hiroshima|
|6||■ Sanyō Main Line||Not currently in regular use|
West Japan Railway (JR West)
- (Japanese) JR West
|This Yamaguchi Prefecture railroad station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|