Hiketa Station in 2007
Hiketa, Higashikagawa-shi, Kagawa-ken 769-2901|
|Operated by||JR Shikoku|
|Line(s)||■ Kōtoku Line|
|Distance||45.1 km from Takamatsu|
|Platforms||1 side + 1 island platforms|
|Tracks||2 + 2 sidings|
|Structure type||At grade|
|Disabled access||No - platforms linked by footbridge|
|Status||Staffed - JR ticket window|
|Opened||15 April 1928|
The station is served by the JR Shikoku Kōtoku Line and is located 45.1 km from the beginning of the line at Takamatsu. Besides local services, the Uzushio limited express between Okayama, Takamatsu and Tokushima also stops at the station.
The station consists of a side and an island platform serving three tracks. A station building houses a waiting room and a cafe. A JR ticket window (without a Midori no Madoguchi facility) is available but open for limited hours only. Access to the island platform is by means of a footbridge. A siding runs on the far side of the island platform beyond track 3. Another siding branches off track 1 and ends at a disused freight platform. Parking is available on the station forecourt.
A view of the station platforms and tracks, looking in the direction of Tokushima. In the far distance, a siding can be seen branching off track 1 to the left.
The station tracks in the direction of Takamatsu. The siding branching off track 3 can be seen to the left.
|JR Limited Express Services|
The station was opened on 15 April 1928 as the terminus of the Kōtoku Line when the track was extended eastwards from Sanuki-Tsuda. It became a through station on 20 March 1935 when the line was extended further east to link up with other tracks to establish a through-service to Sako. At that time the station was operated by Japanese Government Railways, later becoming Japanese National Railways (JNR). With the privatization of JNR on 1 April 1987, control of the station passed to JR Shikoku.
- "Shikoku Railway Route Map" (PDF). JR Shikoku. Retrieved 23 December 2017.
- "引田" [Hiketa]. hacchi-no-he.net. Retrieved 25 January 2018.
- Kawashima, Ryōzō (2013). 図説: 日本の鉄道 四国・九州ライン 全線・全駅・全配線・第1巻 四国東部エリア [Japan Railways Illustrated. Shikoku and Kyushu. All lines, all stations, all track layouts. Volume 1 Eastern Shikoku] (in Japanese). Kodansha. pp. 33, 68. ISBN 9784062951609.
- "Hiketa Station Timetable" (PDF). JR Shikoku. Retrieved 25 January 2018.
- "JR四国の駅 窓口営業時間一覧" [JR Shikoku station ticket window opening hours list] (PDF). JR Shikoku. 28 November 2017. Retrieved 25 December 2017.
- "引田駅" [Hiketa Station]. shikoku.org.uk. Retrieved 25 January 2018.
- Ishino, Tetsu et al. (eds.) (1998). 停車場変遷大事典 国鉄・JR編 [Station Transition Directory - JNR/JR] (in Japanese). II. Tokyo: JTB Corporation. p. 649. ISBN 4533029809.
- Ishino, Tetsu et al. (eds.) (1998). 停車場変遷大事典 国鉄・JR編 [Station Transition Directory - JNR/JR] (in Japanese). I. Tokyo: JTB Corporation. pp. 215–216. ISBN 4533029809.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Hiketa Station.|
|This Kagawa Prefecture railroad station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|