|Public company (LSE: HIK)|
|Said Darwazah Chairman and CEO|
|Revenue||US$1,440 million (2015)|
|US$409 million (2015)|
|US$254 million (2015)|
|Slogan||Improving people's quality of life globally|
Hikma Pharmaceuticals is a multinational pharmaceutical company based in London, that manufactures branded and non-branded generic and in-licensed pharmaceutical products. In 2013, Hikma delivered 23% group revenue growth and is the largest regional pharmaceutical company in the MENA region. It was founded in Amman, Jordan in 1978 by Samih Darwazah. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a constituent of the FTSE 100 Index.
The Company was founded by Samih Darwazah in 1978 in Amman in Jordan. In August 1996 it became the first Arab company to export pharmaceutical products to the United States. It was first listed on the London Stock Exchange in 2005. Recent acquisitions include Instituto Biochimico Pavese Pharma in Italy in 2005 and Jazeera Pharmaceutical Industries in Saudi Arabia in 2006. In 2007 the Company went on to buy APM in Jordan, Alkan Pharma in Egypt,APM and Al Jazeera Pharma in Saudi Arabia Thymoorgan in Germany and Ribosepharm in Germany. It also acquired Multi-Source Injectables in the USA in October 2010. In May 2011 Hikma Pharmaceuticals PLC complete the acquisition of Baxter Healthcare Corporation's US generic injectables business (Multi-Source Injectables or MSI).
In October 2011, Hikma Pharmaceuticals entered the Moroccan market through the acquisition of Promopharm, the ninth largest pharmaceutical manufacturer in Morocco. Hikma also inaugurated the Al Dar Al Arabia Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Company in Algeria in 2011. The Algerian pharmaceutical company is Hikma’s second venture in Algeria after Hikma Pharma Algeria.
Hikma expanded its existing presence in the Egyptian market through the acquisition of the Egyptian Company for Pharmaceuticals and Chemical Industries (EPCI) in 2012. In September 2013, Hikma announced expansion into Sub-Saharan Africa with a 50:50 joint venture agreement with MIDROC Pharmaceuticals Limited, to enter the Ethiopian pharmaceutical market 
On 28 May 2014, Hikma Pharmaceuticals agreed to acquire assets from the U.S. generic injectable drugs business of Germany's Boehringer Ingelheim for up to $300 million, boosting its presence in the injected medicine market.
Hikma Pharmaceutical’s operations span over 50 countries with 26 manufacturing plants in 11 countries, and 7 R&D centers. The Company's production facilities are located in the following countries: United States (FDA approved), Portugal (FDA approved), Italy, Jordan (FDA & MHRA approved), Saudi Arabia (FDA approved), Algeria, Germany (FDA approved), Egypt, Morocco, Tunisia, Sudan, Canada and Ethiopia.
Hikma’s branded business segment comprises the development and sales of branded generics and in-licensed patented products in the MENA region. Hikma has 499 products in 1,256 dosage strengths. Top products include Amoclan, Blopress, Omnicef, Prograf and Suprax.
Hikma sells specialized injectable products in the US, Europe and MENA including argatroban, fentanyl, phenylephrine, robaxin and iron gluconate. The company sells 200 products in 379 dosage forms and strengths.
- "Preliminary Results 2015" (PDF). Hikma Pharmaceuticals. Retrieved 9 April 2016.
- Hikma Annual Report 2013 page 34
- "Hikma at a glance". hikma.com. Retrieved 22 March 2015.
- Hikma History
- "Economy - Sectoral Analysis". kinghussein.gov.jo. Retrieved 6 March 2015.
- Hikma Annual Report 2006 Page 62
- Hikma Annual Report 2007 Page 15
- "Garcinia Cambogia Extract Reviews - Is This Super Food The Holy Grail Of Weight Loss?". biomedme.com. Retrieved 6 March 2015.
- "Hikma Pharmaceuticals Plc Completes Acquisition of Baxter Healthcare Corporation's Multi-Source Injectables Business". Reuters. Retrieved 3 May 2011.
- "History". Hikma Pharmaceuticals PLC.
- Hikma Pharmaceuticals PLC (3 October 2011). "Hikma Enters the Moroccan Market Through the Acquisition of 63.9% of Promopharm and... -- LONDON, October 3, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --". prnewswire.com. Retrieved 6 March 2015.
- Hikma Pharmaceuticals Inaugurates Al Dar Al Arabia Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Company in Algeria
- "Login - Evaluate". evaluatepharma.com. Retrieved 6 March 2015.
- "Hikma expands in Egypt with EPCI acquisition". pmlive.com. Retrieved 6 March 2015.
- Hikma Annual Report 2013 page 23
- "Hikma buys Boehringer injectable drugs business for up to $300 mln". Reuters. Retrieved 6 March 2015.
- Hikma Annual Report 2013 page 10
- Hikma Annual Report 2013 page 11
- Hikma factsheet 2014